Questions regarding Workman Email Stack

Watching the tutorial videos, some aspects are unclear:

1. Is it possible to use an animated gif in the image stack?
  2. Is it possible to use a video of any kind?
  3. What are the font choice possibilities: Web-safe only? Google? Custom?

Thanks.

Yes, you can use animated gifs

Never heard of a video playing in an email client, you can link to videos though.

Not sure on this one, I seem to remember there being a custom if you had font pro, the only non-email stacks that work with Email.

Following on from Rob’s comments, you really shouldn’t use videos even if you can as it’ll burn through a user’s mobile data allowance and only get them upset with you.
With regard to fonts, the limitation is with the email client (Mail, Outlook, GMail etc) the user uses. It’s best to use as std a font as you can, even then they’ll be slightly different from machine to machine. For example if you specify Helvetica it’ll be rendered as Ariel on Windows, TimesNewRoman will be Times. If you want something fancy then do it in PS, Affinity Photo, Sketch, Whatever and save it as an image.

@PaulRussam

If you want something fancy then do it in PS, Affinity Photo, Sketch, Whatever and save it as an image.

Yes, that would certainly work for a headline, but unfortunately not for paragraph text.

@zeebe

Not sure on this one, I seem to remember there being a custom if you had font pro, the only non-email stacks that work with Email.

I was just checking out the font specs in the online manual. The choices are straight web except for the last one which indicates “custom”. I do have Font Pro. Would like to make sure that it would indeed work with Email. Can you confirm?

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.