Rapidweaver 5.4 - is it safe?

So I need to start moving sites to RW6.

Is 5.4 OK? Is it behaving itself? I’m currently on 5.3.2 and - in the main - it’s really stable. I’m trying to avoid any pain for as long as I can but understand I need to update to 5.4 in order to make the transition to 6.

So, as Laurence Olivier once asked: “Is it safe?”

You should use 5.4.1 because 5.4 had a bug with handling images. And when you convert your projects to the RW6 format you should first open and save them with 5.4.1 otherwise sth in the content of your pages can be mixed up

Stacks 3 is coming very soon. You will want that, I promise. Stacks 3 is going to require RapidWeaver 6. I think that you need to jump onto the bandwagon sooner rather than later.

I’m committed to RW6, it’s just that I want to make the transition as smoothly as possible.

Hey Rob,

RapidWeaver 6 is very stable and maturing at a rapid pace, I’d say now is a great time to transition.

To be safe, I’d back up all your project files first, and make sure all your plugins and stacks are up to day and you should be fine :smile:

Cheers,
Dan

Like I said, I’ve got RW6 - and am building new sites with it. The issue here is 5.4.1 (which I believe I need in order to save project files that RW6 can open). If that’s safe and stable then I’ll start to migrate sites one at a time.

Rob