๐Ÿž RapidWeaver 7.1 - Early Beta Preview

Yes @dan, to reiterate the comments by @MortalWombatUK, does the RW 7.1 update only fix the Preview issue with Sitelok-specific PHP, or all PHP code? Every page on my site has PHP scattered throughout, some of which is Sitelok-specific and some of it is not. Is the 7.1 update a global fix to allow any PHP on the page to be safely ignored, such as the method used in RW 6?

As info onlyโ€ฆ I have php scattered throughout my siteโ€ฆ lotโ€™s of php includes. I have never had an export exception (or any problem) due to php. Lotโ€™s of php includes on Stacks pages (html and text) and lotโ€™s of php includes in the sidebar (ad rotator scripts). So all my php seems to be โ€œsafely ignored.โ€ Or perhaps I have completely missed the point on this one? If soโ€ฆ I apologize. What is this php issue?

@dan wondering, can we run 7.0.4 and 7.1 on the same machine??

1 Like

Yup, works just great. But be aware projects are NOT backwards compatible. Iโ€™d also advise to not run them at the same time together.

Apart from that youโ€™ll be fine :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Dan

2 Likes

Great to know, thanks!

My little Macbook Air was struggling to open a pretty stacks heavy 30+ page project.

It used to take longer to open a project then it did to boot my computer.

What used to take minutes now takes less than 13 seconds.

Thanks guys!

3 Likes

Careful Brandon. Be sure your image stacks still have them in place. There was a bug that deleted all the images and that was the reason that big projects load fast as lightning.

@germanyague, thanks for the heads up.

Luckily, I am using Total CMS for all of the images. Sounds like I dodges a bullet there.