Hello Dear Weavers,
We’ve been working on 7.1 for over a month and it’s time we let you guys get your hands on it. However, please be aware that this is pre-public beta.
WARNING! THIS IS AN EARLY BETA OF 7.1 - READ BEFORE UPDATING:
- Do not install the build if you’re working on mission critical projects.
- Please backup your existing projects before working on them in this build of 7.1
- Projects saved in 7.1 are NOT backwards compatible with 7.0.x builds of RapidWeaver. You have been warned!
- Plugins may not work as expected. Developers are testing 7.1 also and will be pushing out updates to help make the final release as smooth as possible.
So, what’s New in 7.1?
- Opening large projects is now much quicker (after initial migration)
- Exporting projects with plugins that generate multiples pages is now much faster
- Added a sheet to show what RapidWeaver is doing during export
- Added back in support for re-publishing all files for a single page
- SiteLok plugin no longers breaks Preview mode
- Colour arithmetic in themes now works again
- Fixed an issue where the Filename extension was ignored when exporting (again)
- Fixed an issue where an updated resource would not get re-published
- Resizing Gifs now works (animation is not supported in resized gifs, yet)
- Cleaned up plugin loading code, it’s good to be clean!
- Fixed an issue under Sierra when using the Web Inspector
- Updated Voyager theme (Thanks Adam!)
- FTP setting name changed from “Fast as Hell” to “Fast as Lightning”
- We’ve fixed up a bunch of issues and crashers with export introduced in the previous beta (sorry!)
- Fixed an issue where Photo Album pages would not be generated correctly
- Migration to global data storage now only happens once per page
- Media queries that span multiple lines will now be minified correctly
- Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would crash when you removed a global meta tags
- Cache busting links option is now saved between launches
- Fixed an issue where plugins would sometimes fail to load
- Export should no longer sometimes hang (Refactored manifest generation to prevent conflicts)
- Minify can now handle non-ascii characters correctly
- Thai characters no longer crash RapidWeaver’s code view
- Many other minor fixes, and under the hood enhancements.
If you find any issues please email me, email@example.com — Include a sample project file and/or the exact steps to re-create the issue. As long as we have the details we can get it fixed.
All being well, we’ll push out a beta to all RapidWeaver users that have the beta option switched on next week.
I agree to the above and understand the risks of running pre-beta software. Download RapidWeaver 7.1 (18203b) Update: link fixed, sorry about that!