RapidWeaver 7.2 (18406b) BETA RELEASE

I can confirm this, but mine scrolls up to the top, so it starts with the A themes.

Interesting. I restarted RW and its still scrolling to the bottom. Moreā€¦ when I try to select a theme the blue ā€˜selectedā€™ rectangle appears below the theme I was trying to selectā€¦ like the y co-ordinate is being miscalculatedā€¦ Choosing themes is hit and missā€¦ Ah well, it IS a beta I suppose.

I never change themes unless I have to, so I just did it as a test to see if it happens to me as well.

It has not solved the problem of always uploading all 2,600+ files of my blog whenever anything is changed

Hi Dan, does it fix the ā€œsuper bad bugā€ in the blog plugin Iā€™ve reported here? RW Blog Pages loosing files

@dan - SIDEBAR CODE ā€œGONEā€ IN 800 PAGES!
When I published this morning using this beta my sidebar was emptyā€¦ I looked at my project and the sidebar pane for all 800 pages was blank. My sidebar consists of a single php include. Itā€™s not that it didnā€™t workā€¦ the CODE in all 800 sidebars was GONE. Pulling out my backup projects and ā€œstableā€ copy of RWā€¦

Preview function now works correctly.
As for speed of preview. I think it is pretty much the same. Not slower, but not really faster either.
Iā€™m just glad that it previews the page that I want it to preview.

Thanks.

Will this fix the ā€˜featureā€™ where one change results in every file being uploaded

I have managed podcasts with rapidweaver for years and version 6 only uploaded changed files

now every podcast gets uploaded with any change. almost a gig now and growing.

this will rapidly become a bandwidth nightmare

the thought of going back and redoing the rss feed of literally hundreds of podcasts is depressing.

please please please fix

2 Likes

@dan @1611mac

I just opened my 350 page site to find that every single sidebar is blank. Aaaargh!

Having seen the post here about it, I just added back in the code to a few pages and saved the project. I then reopened the project to find all the pages were blank again.

Head in hands moment.

Remember, what Dan says on the first post of this thread

1 Like

Thankfully my projects are all backed up. In three separate places, but I made a couple of other backups of the backups and then tried loading them. Same result, everything was stripped out of the sidebar.

I guess I will just have to wait for the next beta.

So are we not to post the problems we find? Isnā€™t that what Realmac wants? Would they rather we simply say ā€œOh well, only a betaā€¦ā€ and not report it?

Thanks for confirming what I saw @channonite

1 Like

WOW, all I was telling @channonite was to be sure to back up before using. Didnā€™t mean to push any buttons thereā€¦

3 Likes

@zeebeā€¦ I apologize. I totally mis-read your intent.

1 Like

I have worked through all 353 pages of my site removing anything that relied on code in the sidebar. After a couple of crashes, that were probably due to me getting tired towards the end, everything uploaded and is fine again. This was very much a workaround, rather than a fix and the sidebar seems to be unreliable at best in this release.

Anyway, I have another site that uses the sidebar (different theme and different code) and that has the same issue. At least I know what to do now.

Sorry if Iā€™m missing something obvious - but having previously downloaded a RW 7 Demo (which I canā€™t really evaluate as so many old plugins are no longer or possibly no longer supported) Iā€™m offered no options for using the Beta other than as a demo.

The splash screen options are:

Use Demo
Activate License
Upgrade or
Buy Now

Can you tell me how I try out the Beta?

You probably can only use it in demo mode. Until you purchase a license.

The nasty ā€œmissing sidebar content bugā€ seems to be restricted to Styled Text sidebars only. I found the HTML Code sidebars were unaffected and the content was still present. Page type didnā€™t seem to be a factor - the sidebar vanished on styled text, Stacks, blog, RapidCart Pro and sitemap pages of a test project. Iā€™ve reverted back to a stable release of RW until the known cause can be found and fixed.

I also encountered crashes when I tried to duplicate project pages using the CMD + D shortcut. Full crash reports sent.

OK. Makes sense I supposeā€¦

As Iā€™m picking up RW involvement after about 3 years of settling on RW5, I guess there should to be a price to pay for active developmentā€¦

Having been with RW since about 2006, thereā€™s loads of plugins and other features that needed to be updated or removed on my website, so a limited demo hasnā€™t really given me opportunity or motivation to overcome those barriers, which I thought the Beta could allow me.

Obviously a Beta really serves another purpose so I guess, having seen RW is being actively improved and developed so apparently worth investing in, I should bite the bullet and look to the future.

Simplifying, having a rethink, and maybe taking a step back from all that complication maybe a good thing after allā€¦

@willwood Will, as info onlyā€¦ in my case it was on Stacks (3.2.6) pages. Hereā€™s a clip of the content of the sidebar.