RapidWeaver 7.2 (18406b) BETA RELEASE

will… Re-reading your post I’m not sure I’m understanding… It’s a Stacks page but the sidebar is simply typed text with “ignore formatting.”

Will is talking about the little gear on the lower right of the sidebar area. When you click on it, you get two options, Styled and HTML. He is saying the issues are happening when someone has selected Styled as he has not seen the option when it is set to HTML.

You will want to click on the image to see it in full.

Ahh… got it… Thank you @zeebe My fault, I should have known… I think I need to vacation…

In 7.1.7, I recently noticed strange reproducible behavior on Save. The first time I save, it only takes a second. If I do it again (without making any changes, changing from Edit to Preview or doing anything else), it takes longer and usually, I get the spinning beachball for a second or two. If I save once and then just afterwards try to quit (again without making any changes, changing from Edit to Preview or doing anything else), RW will ask me if I want to save the changes before I quit. It’s almost as if the first Save is only a partial save in both cases. It happens on all of my files. It’s one of those things that somebody using an SSD might not notice because they’re so much faster than a regular hard disk.

Is this fixed in the new version?

Hi there development team - RW 7.2

I’m still suffering this broken graphic issue on blog sub-pages in 7.2 when using Themeflood Theme

(See Will’s rationale above regarding incompatibility between Rapidweaver 7.2 and Themeflood 2.3)

Thank you - would love to know if this is going to be addressed … or not.

Jol

@adiantum - it’s always difficult to speculate on whether a bug is fixed without exact details of how to reproduce it in a very specific case.

however – i think – what you’re describing is part of the threaded background saving. and some aspects of this have definitely changed in RW 7.2.

i’d encourage you to (after backing up) test your project with 7.1 and 7.2 (keep them both) and see if the problem remains. if it does send an email to realmac, share your project with them, and explain as precisely as possible how to see that issue.

if the issue still exists i’m 100% sure it’s one they’d like to know more about. :slight_smile:

Hi - I have the latest beta - this issue is still there

The app developer (RM) has said the problem lies with the stack developer

The stack developer has said (and demonstrated) that it’s not his fault.

So - I’m sorry … but as a customer - this is a crap situation

And it’s one that I’ve been in twice this month

So please - what can we do to resolve this ?

Can we agree first who’s problem this is (other than mine)

I have pared down a file to 3Mb - who will look at it for me ?

Thank you

Jol

The above functionality is only supposed to be used in the theme template, not inserted into pages when inside RapidWeaver. Users should never see or use this syntax, it’s a theme template macro.

If the macro doesn’t work when it’s being used correctly (inside a theme template), then it’s a bug, but as far as I can tell it works just fine.

Hope that clears things up for you.

cc @jbob