šŸž RapidWeaver 7.3 (18549b ) Public Beta 1

Hey guys & gals,

Weā€™re back with a new build of RapidWeaver! Weā€™ve been reading your feedback, and fixing up things and adding the most requested features (within reason obvs), so letā€™s dive inā€¦

Hereā€™s whatā€™s new in RW 7.3 (18549b):

• [NEW] Added a site-wide search feature. This will get even better when plugin develops update their plugins to take full advantage of it!
  • [NEW] Added support for theme updates, yup thatā€™s right you can now get theme updates directly in RapidWeaver!
  • Fixed an issue where canceling during export/publish means that future publishes would not work
  • Header & Footer text int he sitemap plugin are now saved correctly
  • Fixed a crash when users would try to replace resources with a page
  • RW no longer crashes on save when the offsite page URL is left empty
  • Fixed an issue where ethe addons installer window could not be closed
  • We now allow plugins to pass requirements to RW via the update URL (important for compatibility)

IMPORTANT: While we donā€™t expect this to cause any issues with your RapidWeaver projects I would suggest you back everything up before running this on your existing projects.

If youā€™re happy with the risks of running beta software, hereā€™s the download:

RapidWeaver 7.3 (18549b ) Public Beta 1:
https://dl.devmate.com/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver/18549b/1486469782/RapidWeaver-18549b.zip

And more importantly keep the feedback coming, weā€™re dedicated to making sure RapidWeaver continues to kick-ass!

Cheers
Dan (& Team Realmac)

4 Likes

Iā€™ve installed and experiencing zero problems so far.

But ā€¦ where do I find the site-wide search feature? (Not seeing.)
Where do I check for theme updates? Also not seeing.

Do you need to restart the computer before you see these new features?

1 Like

Long overdue. How does this work? How do theme developers tell you what version is current? Is this only for RealMac developed themes or only ā€œofficial add-on developersā€. What about independents? I checked your github:

No mention of this.

Thereā€™s a kb for this:

2 Likes

Long overdue. How does this work? How do theme developers tell you what version is current? Is this only for RealMac developed themes or only ā€œofficial add-on developersā€. What about independents? I checked your github:

This is something that will have to be added to each theme. Then the developer will have to manually send out a theme update to users before it will be enabled in a theme. You as a user do not need to make any changes. It will though take time, once things are finalized and tested, to update each individual theme and then re-release those updated versions before it will do auto updates.

3 Likes

Thanks for the fast reply. Looks as though using the same SUFeedURL for sparkle as the waterfall plugin. Will a waterfall compatible theme work with this? Or will we need to wait as Adams said? [quote=ā€œElixir, post:5, topic:12415ā€]
This is something that will have to be added to each theme.
[/quote]

Just looking for something that could be beta tested for this.

A general question on feedback for beta testers. Do you prefer feedback here, with the feedback button on the top of the beta software or both?

1 Like

If youā€™ve chosen to use the beta PLEASE use Feedback button for any/all reports.

Weā€™ve just released public beta 2, take a look here: šŸžšŸž RapidWeaver 7.3 (18560b) Public Beta 2

2 Likes