RapidWeaver 7.4 (18672b) - Release Candidate 1

@fitz please send me a support ticket with the rapidweaver upload logs. I’d like to verify that there is nothing on my end affecting your ability to publish. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just upgraded to 7.4 and cannot publish my site. It gets part way through then freezes with the message ‘starting operation’ in the publishing window. If I cancel it says there was an FTP error. It’s happened 5 or 6 times now and my host provider has no system errors.

Just tried again. It published 37 out of 328 files then showed the error ‘Couldn’t’t sign in to your FTP server’. The publish dialogue box will not close and I have to force quit each time.

@dan

I upgraded and now get the same error as @ChrisL and have to force quit. And it was all working so well before the upgrade.

Managing to publish some of the site single page, however the blog keeps getting stuck. Maybe there is a problem with the blog plugin in 7.4?? @dan @simon

Hi Greg,

I did not have «upload logs», it does not «crash» I have to «cancel» each time because at one point he lost the connection with your server and looking for it. With verion RW 7.3 (18575), it work just fine until the end.

Let me know if you need me to to something else to help you,
Fitz

I upgraded to 7.4 this morning and am also experiencing issues with publishing, which worked perfectly prior to the update. every time I attempt an update I get a “Cannot connect to FTP Server” message (I haven’t changed any of my publishing settings) and the program freezes so I have to Force Quit. Extremely frustrating when I want to run a marketing campaign today and just logged on to make a minor change to a page. Did anyone find a fix for this or is the only option to revert back to an earlier version?
Thanks in advance.

Did you have to revert back to an earlier version to get it to publish?

Nearly everyone on the forums who has commented about publishing issues with 7.4 has indeed reverted. This is not to imply everyone is having issues. I don’t know the answer to that.

Earlier versions of 7.4 (i.e. the beta family) were almost all problematic for me. The final version (in terms of publishing) works perfectly fine.

1 Like

For those having publishing issues in RapidWeaver 7.4:

Should I be using this version if I am experiencing publishing problems with 7.4?

The latest beta @LaPan sent me by email seems to be working well (18689b). I have managed a full publish with no errors. Thanks guys :slight_smile:

Spoke too soon! It has failed on a republish of the blog.