RapidWeaver 8.1.4 Beta 2 (Build 20634b)

Hey Weavers,

Please remember this is beta / in-development software — If you’re not comfortable with using non-release software do not update.

What’s New in Beta 2

• Fixed a crash while exporting a Photo Album
  • Fixed extra slashes in ogImage/twitterImage URLs
  • Fixed some more issues with the styled text page when in Dark Mode
  • The health checker got its heart back!
  • Send email option in Contact Form now saves correctly
  • Fixed an issue with copying a URL from the Resources Manager
  • Paste as plain text/match style should now set the correct colour even when in Dark Mode

If you are happy with the associated risks of using beta software, go ahead and Download RapidWeaver 8.1.4 Beta 2 (Build 20634b)

Happy Weaving!

Cheers
Dan

1 Like

Shouldn’t this set no color at all (and not wrap the text in a <span>)? Setting a color will cause problems for stacks, themes, etc that set a color for text. The bug was wrapping the text in a <span> with inline styling, which will override any other styling applied to the text. Does v8.1.4 beta 2 still wrap text pasted using Paste As Plain Test in that <span> with the inline style?

2 Likes

and I hope you didn’t introduce a crash when the photo album crashes :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Not sure why dark mode even comes into this?!?!?. I’ll have to go back to copy and paste via a text editor.

i know why. but really, don’t ask, it’s a long story. lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

but, hey, @dan – i’m not seeing this one in the auto-update – even with the beta checkbox ticked. intentional?

Hmmm, have you tested this? Is this the result you’re seeing? (cc @tpbradley).

Cheers
Dan

Worked on the auto-update here, maybe a propagation issue. Is it working now, or did you just do a direct download?

Cheers
Dan

@Elixir

This sure is a tricky one to describe! In this build the Paste as Plain Text should work like it did in previous versions of RapidWeaver. The pasted text is no longer wrapped in <span> tags and no colours are set at all, so in effect, the correct colour should be used as per your theme etc.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying. That isn’t what it sounded like from Dan’s description. I’ll try and take a few minutes tomorrow to install beta 2 and try it out. As long it the plain text now has no markup wrapped around it then I think we’re good to go.

Yeah it’s one of those things that’s really awkward to describe in a non techy kinda way

Tried again and it did the thing. :+1:

New build is up - RapidWeaver 8.1.4 Beta 3 (Build 20641b)