Today is a big day, RapidWeaver 8.1 is finally here, and it’s a huge update. We’ve been working hard on this build for a while now (as you may be aware), and we truly believe this is the best version of RapidWeaver yet!
Thanks to everyone that helped along the way, we couldn’t do this without you.
You can download 8.1 directly here, or it via the in-app updater.
Should you want/need to go back to the previous version of RapidWeaver at any point, you can download 8.0.3 here.
What’s New in RapidWeaver 8.1
- Dark Mode for Mojave now supported
- Continued work to implement Sandboxing
- Added Amazon S3 as a Publishing Destination
- Touch Bar support added
- Added support for resizing the preview in the main window
- Added support back in for copying a resources URL
- Added a new drop down menu to the Simulator toolbar button
- Added iPhone XS Max to the simulator window
- Added an option to disable OpenGraph metatags on a per page basis
- Add a new preference to disable UI sounds
- Multiple selection is now supported in the Resources Browser
- Resources can now be dragged from a child folder to the root resources folder
- Source list layout is now restored between opens
- Improved the handling of files in the Resources Manager
- Files in the Resources Browser can now be renamed
- Fixed an issue where the sitemap plugin and sitemap.xml was displayed and exported incorrectly
- Fixed an issue with adding edited photos from the resources browser
- Fixed an issue with resources not getting exported when previewing
- Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would appear to deadlock while opening projects
- Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would re-publish all files on every publish
- Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would get stuck looping between pages
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect path would be used for social tags in the page header
- Fixed an issue with multiple buy buttons showing
- Fixed an issue where banner images wouldn’t show due to an issue with CSS consolidation
- Fixed a naming issue with FontAwesome
- Show Properties button in Blog now works correctly
- Fixed various podcasting and channel issues within the Blog page
- Fixed an issue with page styles being incorrectly applied to Master Styles
- Fixed up an issue with the Addons Installer
- Fixed up various crashes in the Photo Album Plugin
- Fixed a crash when using “Reveal in Finder” and the resource cannot be found
- Fixed up crash when using the link panel
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur in the Snippets Window
- Plugin information is now logged in crash reports
- Numerous other fixes and enhancements!