This is the first public beta for RapidWeaver 8.1 — in this version we’re focusing on stability, improving export/preview speeds, and making sure we’re compatible with Mojave when it launches (expect to see dark mode support in a future beta).
So with that out of the way, here’s a list of what’s new:
- Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would re-publish all files on every publish
- Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would get stuck looping between pages
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect path would be used for social tags in the page header
- Fixed an issue with multiple buy buttons showing
- Fixed an issue where banner images wouldn’t show due to an issue with CSS consolidation
- Fixed a naming issue with FontAwesome
- Show Properties button in Blog now works correctly
- Fixed an issue with page styles being incorrectly applied to Master Styles
- Fixed up an issue with the Addons Installer
- Fixed up various crashes in the Photo Album Plugin
- Fixed a crash when using “Reveal in Finder” and the resource cannot be found
- Fixed up crash when using the link panel
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur in the Snippets Window
- Numerous other fixes and enhancements to boring (or too secret to mention yet)
- [DEV] Added a method to plugins to mark a page as changed without reloading the preview #2781
While we feel this build is stable enough to use on a daily basis, please be aware it is beta and is not final. Make sure you back up any mission-critical projects before using them with this version, and yes, you can run this alongside other versions of RapidWeaver should you wish.
If you do find an issue please report it here on this thread or email email@example.com
You can expect another beta later this week, or early next.