RapidWeaver 8.3 Final Candidate 1 (Build 20780b)

Hey Weavers,

Here’s the latest build of RapidWeaver 8.3, we think this one is ready for prime-time, take it for a spin and let us know what you think.

What’s New in 8.3

• [NEW] Fixed a crash in the link panel
  • [NEW] Fixed a crash when dragging a resource into site settings
  • [NEW] Fixed an issue where the blog social images would not be saved
  • Added new update engine
  • Added support for Emporter
  • Updated Multi Lander Theme
  • Added support for detecting and managing duplicate images
  • Various other under the hood tweaks and fixes.

Download RapidWeaver 8.3 (20780b) Final Candidate 1

Happy Weaving!

Cheers
Dan

1 Like

Am still having problems with links -

• an unwanted “Untitled-Folder” has arrived in the link

• and it still fails to address the target file (only the target file’s enclosing folder)

• resource files all show as question marks

@jbob Thanks for reporting this, would you be able to send your project file to support@realmacsoftware.com with a subject of “FAO: Tom #3094”.

Project files can be quite large so using DropBox or WeTransfer might be necessary.

Cheers
Tom

Thank you Tom - that will be with you very shortly

Many thanks

Jol

PS - The resource names were stripped out - so I replaced them

The Untitled-Folder affects all projects, is the base Resources folder that for some motive in the latest beta changed the name from Resources to Untitled-Folder, this will break all projects.

This looks like a bug introduced in the last build, the resources folder should simply be called resources. I’ll get this one fixed up asap.

Hi, there is always an Untitled-Folder in the resources:

Worse: In many cases, the items in this folder are the same as in the resources folder. But when you delete the Untitled-Folder then the website does not work any longer.

I see two instances:

a) When I open a project the first time with the latest build here, a folder which was called currently FONTS has lost its name it is blank. When I now publish, I get an Untitled-Folder in the resources folder. This folder then contains all the resources again, so they are doubled.

b) When I add the name to the currently blank folder, I still get the Untitled-Folder but this time, all the resources are copied into this folder as seen in the screenshot above.

So this one is definitely not ready for prime-time :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Jan

… agree Jan !

The solution is not as straight forward as one might think

Good luck Tom !

If you can’t fix it- at least let us choose the path for the resources

Hey all, there’s a new build available that should solve the ‘Untitled Folder’ issue!

Cheers
Tom

I’m testing this new build on the skyline project from Uikitter. Everything works well except for the gallery page where none of the images are displayed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.