RapidWeaver 8.3 Final Candidate 1 (Build 20780b)

(Dan) #1

Hey Weavers,

Here’s the latest build of RapidWeaver 8.3, we think this one is ready for prime-time, take it for a spin and let us know what you think.

What’s New in 8.3

• [NEW] Fixed a crash in the link panel
  • [NEW] Fixed a crash when dragging a resource into site settings
  • [NEW] Fixed an issue where the blog social images would not be saved
  • Added new update engine
  • Added support for Emporter
  • Updated Multi Lander Theme
  • Added support for detecting and managing duplicate images
  • Various other under the hood tweaks and fixes.

Download RapidWeaver 8.3 (20780b) Final Candidate 1

Happy Weaving!

Cheers
Dan

(jol yates) #3

Am still having problems with links -

• an unwanted “Untitled-Folder” has arrived in the link

• and it still fails to address the target file (only the target file’s enclosing folder)

• resource files all show as question marks

(Tom Bradley) #4

@jbob Thanks for reporting this, would you be able to send your project file to support@realmacsoftware.com with a subject of “FAO: Tom #3094”.

Project files can be quite large so using DropBox or WeTransfer might be necessary.

Cheers
Tom

(jol yates) #5

Thank you Tom - that will be with you very shortly

Many thanks

Jol

PS - The resource names were stripped out - so I replaced them

(Riky) #6

The Untitled-Folder affects all projects, is the base Resources folder that for some motive in the latest beta changed the name from Resources to Untitled-Folder, this will break all projects.

(Tom Bradley) #7

This looks like a bug introduced in the last build, the resources folder should simply be called resources. I’ll get this one fixed up asap.

(Jan Fuellemann) #8

Hi, there is always an Untitled-Folder in the resources:

Worse: In many cases, the items in this folder are the same as in the resources folder. But when you delete the Untitled-Folder then the website does not work any longer.

I see two instances:

a) When I open a project the first time with the latest build here, a folder which was called currently FONTS has lost its name it is blank. When I now publish, I get an Untitled-Folder in the resources folder. This folder then contains all the resources again, so they are doubled.

b) When I add the name to the currently blank folder, I still get the Untitled-Folder but this time, all the resources are copied into this folder as seen in the screenshot above.

So this one is definitely not ready for prime-time :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Jan

(jol yates) #9

… agree Jan !

The solution is not as straight forward as one might think

Good luck Tom !

(jol yates) #10

If you can’t fix it- at least let us choose the path for the resources

(Tom Bradley) #11

Hey all, there’s a new build available that should solve the ‘Untitled Folder’ issue!

Cheers
Tom

(Trond Grøntoft) #12

I’m testing this new build on the skyline project from Uikitter. Everything works well except for the gallery page where none of the images are displayed.

(Dan) #13

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.