🔥 RapidWeaver 8.4 and macOS Catalina Plugin Compatibility

(Markus Frieauff ) #8

good idea! Please all compatibility info in one place!

(Dan) #9

Please see the original post above for an updated list :+1:

(studiozellige) #10

Just a question about Stacks Plugin: do these Stacks Modules, such as SectionsPro.stack (Big White Duck), Tabulous2.stack (Joe Workman) or S4S-TopBox4.stack (Stacks4Stacks), ask for no update to work under Catalina? … Thank you.

(Doug Bennett) #11

I believe the individual stacks shouldn’t be impacted by the gatekeeper issue. It’s only plugins. So if you are up to date with stacks 4 or stacks 3 “plugins” those should work.

It sounds as if you need to be running the beta version of RapidWeaver(8.4) and some of the other plugins listed above to be compatible with Catalina. If you haven’t upgraded to Catalina yet and you don’t want to be a beta tester, then you’ll be better off waiting.

(studiozellige) #12

Perfect, thank you for your return @teefers :slightly_smiling_face:

(Peter Thornton) #13

This is very disappointing and frustrating. Realmac should have informed users NOT to upgrade to Catalina upon release if they were aware of all these issues.
I’ve upgraded my computers to the offical 10.15 release, and now can’t even get RW to open. The failed plugins screen freezes and goes no further.
Now, I have to waste a day restoring and getting everything registered again from backup just to be able to update some websites.
A major fail on realmac’s behalf I’m afraid from a users perspective with this release.

(Dan) #15

RapidWeaver 8.4 works on Catalina, it may just be a single outdated plugin that is causing you issues.
Check the list above, and make sure you update to the latest plugins, you can do this by directly downloading them from the developers.

If you hold down “option” when you launch RapidWeaver it will give you an option to launch without third-party plugins enabled. If you do this does RW launch and run okay?

As I said before, I’m using Catalina RW 8.4 and it’s working just fine. I certainly wouldn’t revert your Macs back to 10.14, I’d spend the time getting RW 8.4 up and running on Catalina.

Many Thanks
Dan

(Dave) #16

Well after my initial disappointment at 8.3 not working on Catalina, 8.4 beta works just great :hugs: many thanks.

(Greg Schneck) #17

Why no blame on the user? Isn’t it up to the individual user to ensure that his/her computer works properly? And just one of the responsibilities is to make sure apps will work when a new OS is release?

I’m still on High Sierra. Why? Because I still use apps that will fail to work on future releases at some point. Until I know I can get updated apps, or, work out alternatives, I will remain on High Sierra.

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #18

Completely agree here as well @1611mac, you and you alone are in charge of your own machines, and you need to know what works and what doesn’t on them. Good point!

(Greg Schneck) #19

And to clarify… I should not have said “blame” - I should have said “Why no responsibility put on the user”… I was not trying to cast any “blame” on anyone… just trying to stress that we are all each responsible for our “rigs.”

(Parker Ragain) #20

Anyone know if Armadillo works?

(Doug Bennett) #21

Armadillo is all stacks (not a separate plugin), so if stacks work then it should not be impacted by Catalina. I haven’t upgraded to Catalina and am not planning to in the near future so I can’t say for sure. I have too many other “Catalina Issues” like 32bit applications and iTunes Scripts that need to be addressed before even attempting.

(Simon) #22

If you haven’t already, I would be very cautious to upgrade. Catalina is a major upgrade. It locks down security further, removes 32-bit support amongst other changes. A normal rule of thumb for many users is to wait for at least 3 .x releases. Just because the upgrade is free does not mean you should upgrade. On any system including iOS I never use automatic updates. They are the quickest way to break a working system. I’ve only just upgraded to Mojave.

I’d encourage anyone to read the many blog posts on the internet that detail Catalina changes.

(David Schlotzhauer) #23

What about Foundry? I don’t even know if it’s considered a “plug-in” and needs updating.

(Doug Bennett) #24

Foundry is Stacks and a Theme(not a plugin) and should have no problems specific to Foundry.

(Adam Shiver) #25

Hey there @CappyD – Listen to @teefers. He speaks the truth. Foundry is unaffected. :smiley:

(David Schlotzhauer) #26

cool… thanks guys!

(Brian LaPan) #27

Plenty of fear mongering going around.

Will some folks have issues? Of course.
Will most not have issues? Certainly. They just don’t pipe up and say how everything is working as expected.

Do your homework (as others have suggested) and see what apps you might lose with the move to 64bit apps.

@dan and @Tom say 8.4 is good to go! @isaiah has provided an update on his products. Other plugins, check with the devs.

Party on, Garth!

(Nigel) #28

I updated straight away and all is good. I’m using the same version of RW I had before the update and it works fine.