RapidWeaver8 incompatible with Catalina

(Mike hubball) #1

When I import pictures into RW8.3 it crashes. RW7 is ok. Is there a fix on the way?

(Adam Shiver) #2

Please see this thread:

(Mike hubball) #3

I tried downloading 8.4 beta without any success

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #4

What was the error message? Without any success doesn’t help much.

(Mike hubball) #5

No error message. I downloaded the

Kate Hubball

(Mike hubball) #6

I have installed RW 8.4 but it still crashes when I try to insert a photo/picture.
I am using Will Woodgates’ Bootstrap theme. I have no problem if I use RW7.
I’ll try different themes and see what happens.

(Isaiah Carew) #7

Two things:

1. Post the crash report if you get one.
    If you get a dialog box (either immediately, after a little while, or sometimes when you next launch the app) that has a “Report” button on it then click the button. Select the text in the window and paste here or include as an attachment. This will help plugin developers identify if there is a plugin issue and how to fix it when there is.

2. Try without any plugins – just as a test, not as a permanent solution. You can start RW with the Option key held down – then it will ask you if you want to run without your addons. Try this. If it works then you know the issue is in one of your addons.

If it is your addons, then it’s likely your plugins – especially if you haven’t upgraded in a while. Every plugin has had to be re-released sometime in the past couple months to add support for Catalina.

If you identify which plugin/plugins – then start by downloading fresh versions from the developers websites. You can find YourHead plugins here: http://yourhead.com

If the problem persists after upgrading the plugin, contact the plugin author for assistance – and make sure to show them the crash report. :smiley:

Isaiah