RapidWeaver 8 is Launching Next Week!

Hello Weavers,

After more than a year in development, I’m pleased to say that RapidWeaver 8 for Mac will ship next week on, Tuesday, 14th August 2018.

You can read more about it here:
https://blog.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver-8-is-launching-next-week/

I’m very excited about this release, and can’t wait to get it into your hands.

Thanks for all your support, and keep on be-weaving!

Cheers
Dan

26 Likes

Shut up and take my money :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Thanks for the kind works, it’s always appreciated!

2 Likes

Can’t wait. Will be getting it Tuesday as soon as I get to work.

2 Likes

Great, it will be an instant purchase/ upgrade :smiley:

3 Likes

Woo hoo! Can’t wait.

6 Likes

What about App Store upgrades?

From Dan’s Twitter account
https://twitter.com/dancounsell/status/1025838931995176962

Tossed it into Fantastical the second I saw it on Twitter. I was going to start a new project this weekend. Tuesday will be soon enough. :wink:

1 Like

How about the title…

RapidWeaver 8 Launches Next Week!

OR

RapidWeaver 8 Is Launching Next Week!

2 Likes

Wohoo! =)

Great times. :slight_smile:

Can I install RW8 on the came computer as RW7 without damaging the old Version? Can I use the update Version for that, or do I have to buy the full Version for this 2nd Installation on the same computer?
Will there be a compatibility list for all the stacks and plugins?
Darn,… thanks Dan, now this will be a very long weekend and Monday for me. Can’t wait to take a look.

I’m still confused (not difficult). Does this mean there is no upgrade route for App Store purchases?

I don’t think it means anything until @dan makes an official announcement about the app store version.

RapidWeaver 8 will not be launching on the App Store next week. It will be direct only.
The delay in the App Stoe version is due to Sandboxing issues, we’re hoping to have everything resolved later this year.

In the meantime if you’d like to upgrade to RW8 via us you’re more than welcome to do that.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
Dan

Yes, RapidWeaver 7 and 8 will work alongside each other.
As far as we know all thrid-party plugins work great with RapidWeaver 8, but please make sure they are all up-do-date.

If you have any questions please contact the plugin developer to check compatibility.

Not long to go now!!!

Cheers
Dan

1 Like

Can we upgrade from within the current app (RW 7) or is the upgrade purchased from your site?

The upgrade will be available via our web store. Full details along with an FAQ will be available on launch day!

Thanks
Dan

1 Like

Pst… any beta testers try RapidCart Pro with RW8?