RapidWeaver 8 Preview #3: New SEO Features

(ben) #1

Hello Weavers!

We’ve got another RapidWeaver 8 feature preview for you: New SEO Features in RapidWeaver 8.

Do let me know below what you think about these new features, and if you’re excited for RapidWeaver 8 :smiley:

Happy Weaving,
Ben

(Jan Fuellemann) #2

Great news! Will you be able to support Schema.org structured text as well (the basic description of a site, not every detailed paragraph)?

(ben) #3

We don’t have support for Schema.org.

For now, I would suggest you use Google’s Structured Data Markup Helper if you want to add schema to your site. This is part of Web Master Tools, and I actually cover how to do this in the RapidWeaver SEO Course.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

(Jan Fuellemann) #4

Yes, thank you! I will have a look…

(Doug Bennett) #5

The problem with Googles Structured data markup helper is it is only for Google searches. Depending on your market that’s only a percentage of the users (85% in USA, 89% UK, 79% China) and just as much work.

(ben) #6

That is correct, it’s only for Google.

Adding schema.org support to RapidWeaver would not be a trivial task, so I just thought it’d be handy to mention this as an option.

Nah, I’d say it’s actually quicker and easier to add structured data to your site via the web master tools — they give you a visual editor where you can highlight and specify the data on your page(s).

(ben) #7

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.