RapidWeaver 9 Wishlist, what do you want to see?

Make it more stable; RW8 crashes consistantly if cmdZ is used, well for me today, just flitting through Firefox and RW8 in preview mode has caused it to crash half a dozen times.

3 Likes

This has been mentioned before, but the biggest one for me is compatibility with older versions of MacOS, at least back to 10.13. So far, that’s the case, but as Apple continues to complicate things, this may become an issue everywhere.

2 Likes

With every new version of RW I dream of less emphasis on new features and more on squashing bugs and improving performance. Will that ever happen?

16 Likes

That’s one of our goals for RW9. Expect small on the surface changes, with a focus on bug fixes, speed enhancements, and compatibility with macOS 11.

10 Likes

Care to elaborate?

A little more information is available here:

We’ll elaborate as we get closer to launch (or perhaps a semi-public beta for forum members).

Cheers
Dan

2 Likes

Sounds like this is basically going to be another maintenance release. I was really hoping for some real innovation this time around. Like Big Sur is doing. Tons underneath but plenty of new and creative functionality.

Sorry if this sounds like a Negative Nancy comment.

2 Likes

Bigger things are coming, but the first big thing will be RW9 + Big Sur + Apple Silicon Support!

4 Likes

Just concerned as we have heard this before.

My wish:

• Rapidweaver framework has a 12 col frame so we can design using cols (visually or by input)
  • Grid system to populate a premade grid with option like col amount, grid item options etc. + filter options
  • Custom gallery: based on the grid system but focus on image, title and text + lightbox
  • Flexible form system: condition based form system
  • New UI: sharp simplistic icons + simple and slick design without heavy shadows

That would be nice :wink:

1 Like

“* Could you add the ability to the link dialog to add an anchor point to an internal page?”

Is it so difficult to implement ? I wonder why it still has not been done yet.

1 Like

Because the link selector doesn’t know about any anchor points (= content) on the page.

Auto Save… Auto Save… Auto Save…

Oh and incase I didn’t mention it

AUTO SAVE!!

6 Likes

Auto Save?
Only if it’s safely implemented.
I’d almost rather not have the auto save unless the stability is addressed first.

2 Likes

only 1000+ ? :joy::joy:

Redesign the `Page Styles’ interface so a) you can see what colour item you have selected. Personally loved the old radio buttons from way back when…

1 Like

Actually it’s 2,037!

2 Likes

That’s more like it…bonkers!

I really need to know that the RW contact page will not result in failed emails (SMTP support) from prospective sales / customers!!! All Gmail email fails using the RW contact page (for me anyway)… This defeats the primary function of most any website doesn’t it??

An overhaul of the UI would be nice, more customisable in working arrangements & layout.

Compatibility with older Macs (High Sierra, purely for my own selfish reasons) would be good.

Don’t know if it’s a macOS/RW/Stacks thing but a dropdown colour picker would be nice, rather than the system one appearing on the opposite side of the screen where you don’t need it to be.

3 Likes