RW 7.1.6 crashes when uploading or exporting a website

Hi,

I just installed the update, and RW can’t stop crashing while uploading or exporting a website.
I urgently need an installer for a previous version, where can I get it ?
Thank you for your help.

Best wishes,

Fred

I have the same problem sinds this afternoon after upgrading to 7.1.6. With this version this also happens when I want to test the connection to my server in the publishing setup and also if want to export a project to a local folder at my harddisk. And las but not least, this happens with all projects I want to publish. I installed a previous version but this version is also crashing each and every time when publishing.

Jeu

@fredalpi You can get all prior downloads here: https://realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/releasenotes/ and just install them over top of current version.

I haven’t had problems with the auto / in-app installer, but there are a few here who recommend getting your updates via this URL anyway.

@Jeu I saw in a seperate thread that an OSX security update fixed things for another user, so you could double check that you don’t have waiting updates elsewhere. Just a wild guess though…

I have the same problem. As soon as I uploaded ver 7.16, I can no longer publish. Will try going back to 7.15

Thank you, it works. Saved my day ;-).

1 Like

Same here. Crashing every time I publish. I solved it by installing the previous version.

Sadly have to confirm 7.1.6 crashes on publish. Thought I’d give it a go but can confirm the same as others. Now gone back to 7.1.5 and all is fine. (El Capitan with very latest [24-10-16] Security update)

Update - 7.1.7 fixes it for me.

Thank you Jabostick. I went back to 7.15 and now I can publish again…
Mary

1 Like

I’m having the same problem with the app crashing while I test connection or try to publish :frowning2:
Using OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan (with no intention of upgrading to Sierra just yet)

Here also immediate crashes when uploading. :anguished: Turned back to 7.1.5, works like a charm…

If everyone experiencing this can just amend their post with what version OSX you’re using that might be helpful.

I just updated RW to 7.1.6 and it continues to crash when I publish. I can’t export the site or publish.

My Rapidweaver program crashes when I try and publish…is anyone else experiencing this?

Yesterday it worked fine, the problem only started after applying the update this morning.

Additional Info***

To verify that this is not a problem with something on my site, I opened one that I have not edited for several days. I then right clicked on a page and set it to be marked as changed…with no changes made.

I then published and it crashed on me again.

So this is two completely unrelated sites that cause the same behavior with the program.

Same here. Updated to 7.1.6 about an hour ago and now can’t publish. Crashes every time.

Same with MacPro. 7.1.6. has a bug. Is there a possibility from Rapidweavers to send us an 7.1.5-Installer? With this pre-version I hadn’t problems

It’s the same for me on El Capitan 10.11.6, latest stacks plugin, all stacks and themes up to date. I had to go back to RapidWeaver 7.1.5

7.1.6: instant crash when trying to publish. Just poof into the air. Gone back to 7.1.5.

Using El Capitan OS

I’ve only just had the notification of the upgrade to 7.1.6. I’ll wait to see what’s going on.

I just checked, and I am current with my OS updates for El Capitan.

How did you go back to 7.1.5?