RW 7 Publishing not appearing on site

I’m using RW 7.2 with Mac OSX 10.11.6. When I publish to my site it usually says “unable to connect to server” and “failure to receive data from peer”. I then re-publish all the files and the progress bar shows it uploading the files. I visit the site but no updates. I have cleared cookies from my browser (Firefox). I continue to refresh the site for hours but still it is not updating. My host is Network Solutions and I have fixed their site permissions. The publish path seems to be the correct as it is the same as I used in RW 5.4.

Any suggestions? Thank you!
-David

Have you visited your host (not website) to see your updated files there? Possible you need to delete some old files? Especially if new pages are php vs html.

1 Like

Just in case you haven’t seen it:

2 Likes

Thank you Lisa. I did check that. There are old files but no new ones. None are php however. Perhaps I should delete all the files and re-upload? Thanks! -d

1 Like

Thank you David. I will check out the publishing article this morning. I appreciate your help! :slight_smile: -d

1 Like

If you’re not seeing any new files on the host then it’s not uploading correctly and seems to be a connection issue. Definitely check out the link above and make sure all your settings are correct.

Thank you Lisa. As both you and David said I needed to check my publishing settings and my setting for FTP should have been “Extended Passive” which is the default but was set at “Passive”. Once I changed that all went well.

Thank you both very much!
Have a fantastic week!
All My Best,
David

3 Likes