RW changes home page html to php

Today I published small changes to my main site and it changed my home page from “index.html” to “index.php”

And then after publishing gave me this error message
> "RapidWeaver noticed that you have the following files on your server: index.html, and index.php
_> _
> Having multiple index files can causes issues when loading your website. We recommend using an FTP application to remove redundant index files."

I guess your home page is a Stacks Plugin page. If you use a stack requiring PHP, this is the expected behavior.

Please delete the html page with your FTP application.

Cheers, Jannis
inStacks Software

So doing that, how do I get it so it will look for the php?

If I just type in, or link to www.widman.biz, the php script does not run. typing “www.widman.biz/index.php” works.

Do I need to put something kind of a 301 statement in my htaccess? If so, what would it look like?
thanks

Just remove the index.html from your server. Browsers look for html first, then PHP, so if not html page exists, it’ll find your index.php next

1 Like

Could it then be some kind of a cache somewhere that will clear up? I know that happens here a lot, but as I bounce back from other pages, I get all the code.

can you try “www.widman.biz” and see if you get a visit counter or a bunch of code on the lower left?

thanks

Works fine for me.

Bunch of code on Safari IOS 12 - Iphone7+

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.