RW changes home page html to php

(Richard Widman) #1

Today I published small changes to my main site and it changed my home page from “index.html” to “index.php”

And then after publishing gave me this error message
> "RapidWeaver noticed that you have the following files on your server: index.html, and index.php
_> _
> Having multiple index files can causes issues when loading your website. We recommend using an FTP application to remove redundant index files."

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #2

I guess your home page is a Stacks Plugin page. If you use a stack requiring PHP, this is the expected behavior.

Please delete the html page with your FTP application.

Cheers, Jannis
inStacks Software

(Richard Widman) #3

So doing that, how do I get it so it will look for the php?

If I just type in, or link to www.widman.biz, the php script does not run. typing “www.widman.biz/index.php” works.

Do I need to put something kind of a 301 statement in my htaccess? If so, what would it look like?
thanks

(Jason Bostick) #4

Just remove the index.html from your server. Browsers look for html first, then PHP, so if not html page exists, it’ll find your index.php next

(Richard Widman) #5

Could it then be some kind of a cache somewhere that will clear up? I know that happens here a lot, but as I bounce back from other pages, I get all the code.

can you try “www.widman.biz” and see if you get a visit counter or a bunch of code on the lower left?

thanks

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #6

Works fine for me.

(robertreinink) #7

Bunch of code on Safari IOS 12 - Iphone7+