RW Classic Update location?

Hello,
Update error RW
despite my best efforts, updating the RW Classic automatically is still impossible for me. When I press “check for updates” I get the “update error” window.
@dang I have followed your instructions to the letter - deleted everything, and installed it again, but to no avail.
The version I have now is 9.2.1 (21062). Is there a newer update, and if so how do I go about it?

Hi @Karmela_Faktor,

That error means you haven’t moved the RapidWeaver application from the folder you downloaded it to, to your Applications folder.

Move the app to your Applications folder and then try running the update, it should work then.

If that doesn’t work let us know.

I’ve tried again Dan, followed your instructions, and again it’s not working.
After the latest download, I ended up with the older version 9.1.1(21049), but no way to update it.

Double check it’s running from your Applications folder, and then it’s probably worth restarting your Mac to clear out any Gremlins!

I repeated the whole process once more (deleted the old download, and downloaded RWC again into the Application folder). Now I’ve got the version 9.2.1 (21062)
Made sure this is the only version.
Restarted my Mac.
Still - when trying to check for updates I get the “Update Error!” window.

Do you have any content blockers or VPN running that might be blocking the connection to our update server?

Also try testing by changing your internet connection to a different one and trying again. For example if you are using your home internet, can you disconnect and try connecting to your mobile 4G/5G connection and see if the update is working from there?

No content blockers except Ghostery for Safari.
I will try changing the internet connection, but the fact is - until the update to RWC there was never an issue with automatic updates.
Will keep you updated.
Thank you for the assistance.

Understood, it’s just that the only time we see that error you posted in your screenshot is when people forget to move RapidWeaver to their Applications folder. Other than that we don’t see it.

We haven’t had any other person report that they cannot clear that error when they move the app to their Applications folder, so this issue wouldn’t be with RapidWeaver Classic, but with something funky going on on your Mac or network connection.

If you still see the error after trying a different internet connection, feel free to DM me and we can schedule a Zoom call so I can try and troubleshoot this in real-time for you.

Cheers.