RW veteran needs our support

(this is a followup of a similar thread - I created a new one hoping this might cause more interest)
I think a few of you older forumites and Weavers might still know who Sundog is. Larry Pollock was one of the pioneers of the RW community in the old days, together will Ed Brenner, Phil Warrender and a few others. He literally wrote thousands of helpful posts in the forum, helping countless members out of traps they got stuck in by explaining CSS, HTML, giving away code for free and lots of other things.
Larry hasn’t been working with RW and webdesign for quite some time so “sundog” didn’t show up on as many posts as in the past. But for myself I can say: I wouldn’t be doing websites today if it hadn’t been for him and the other veterans.
And now this man needs to get something back for what he had given.
His wife fought a long-time battle with cancer and finally lost it. She passed away on Mon 30th of August. He had started a funding campaign some months ago because the medical costs were just too high to cover them.
There is still a gap of appr. $ 12.000 that needs to be covered. And I know Larry already sold a lot of stuff to raise money.
So without wanting to push you I would like to really, really kindly ask you to consider to donate something. I know a few people here already did. But more money needs to be raised. Please, folks: let us show that the RW community is unique and goes beyond duty. Like Larry did here for so many years.
Here’s the link to Larry current funding campaign:
https://www.youcaring.com/faith-barnard-632444

I’m challenging you - show who we are!

4 Likes

Done. Thanks for reminding!

2 Likes

It’s done too! Nice initiative of your part.

1 Like

Thank you for posting this! I don’t think I saw the original. I will make a contribution later this week.

1 Like

Just a short bump - please donate, people. Larry needs your help.

Done this morning! Thanks, Markus, for bringing this to our attention.

1 Like

Another bump. C’mon, people. Give a few dollars. Or more, if you can. But do it to support sundog!

Another bump…
Larry has spent some days with his family and just posted “Heading home - lots of things to do”. I know from personal experience that this can be a critical time when you feel left alone with more duties than you can handle. Show your support, people, please!