Where is Gary from Kuler solutions?

(Markus Frieauff ) #1

Just noticed his site is completely gone. Has Gary stopped working on RW addons? Has he gone out of business? Has anybody taken over his stuff?

(Dave) #2

He hasn’t been on Twitter in ten months - and he used to Tweet pretty regularly. Hope he’s doing ok.

(David) #3

Why not ping @gary - hopefully he’ll check in.

(Mathew Mitchell) #4

I’m not sure his site is completely gone … but I’m reluctant to enter. I get this dreaded notice when I try to go to his site on Safari:

(Doug Bennett) #5

If you click on any live preview from the rapidweaver community site you get

This Domain Name Has Expired - Renewal Instructions.

(Barrie McDermid) #6

Shame. Gary made some of the first pro themes I bought.

(R L) #7

He also made a pretty cool mySQL editor for RW a few months ago.

I think this is his last post?

(Joe Workman) #8

I have emailed Gary last month and again this month just to see if he is ok. I have not gotten a reply. :frowning:

(Markus Frieauff ) #9

That usw hat Safari started to do on a lot of sites. Doesn’t necessarily mean that there is really something wrong with them.

Markus Frieauff
Hinter Sundheim 12
55283 Nierstein
Tel. 06133 / 70 19 678
www.frieauff.com
info@frieauff.com
mobil 0163 / 888 94 86

(Dave) #10

I’ve reached out via a DM on Twitter, and will let you know what I hear back. His LinkedIn profile is still active, by the way, but doesn’t mention web development.

(Markus Frieauff ) #11

…any news on this?

(Joe Workman) #12

I never got a reply to my email to him. I did more sleuthing and found his home phone number. Sadly it was disconnected when I called.

(Dan) #13

Oh that is very strange, I do hope he is okay. There must be someway we can find out…

(Dave) #14

I sent him a DM on Twitter a week ago, but haven’t heard back. A bit of sleuthing uncovered that he’s a pastor at a Baptist church in Louisiana. But, their website (created and maintained by Gary) hasn’t been updated since spring.

Update: I just tried the church website again. It was working last week. Today, the server can’t be found. https://haughtonbaptist.com

(Joe Workman) #15

That church’s phone has been disconnected as well. Crazy.

(Doobox Software) #16

You sure that was Gary? Looking at the cached version of the site, it’s not created with RW.

EDIT: So it was. Guess he had reason not to use RW there :

<div id="resurrect-notice"> Copyright © 2018 Haughton Baptist Temple. Powered by <a href="https://kuler.solutions" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Kuler.Solutions</a>

(Dave) #17

Positive. Look at the link it’s pointed to: Kuler Solutions. Plus, I remember chatting with him a few years back- he definitely lived/lives in a small Louisiana town.

(Andy D) #18

Yep he’s disappeared. Sent numerous emails/webforms with no answer. No bounces either mind you.

(Isaiah Carew) #19

I’ve dug out all the old private email addresses I have for him. Everything bounces or far. :frowning:

(unluckytoe@mac.com) #20

Does anyone know his full name or DOB? I found a few obituaries for a Gary Byrd in Louisiana.