RW8 not saving/uploading properly

I have a large Foundry site I have recently moved over to RW8 from 7. When I alter pages sometimes the changes don’t save or upload properly. I have found a solution by saving, exiting RW, starting again and all fine. A bit inconvenient. Any views?

Someone pointed me to this thread, but unfortunately Foundry itself doesn’t have any control or say in the saving process. Let’s tag @dan and see if he might be able to help us out here.

Can you provide any more specific detail about what isn’t saving/exporting? Is it changes to images? Text? Whole pages?

Thanks,
Isaiah

Changes to text and/or images. I save and on preview, either within RW8 or browser, the unchanged page shows. I tried a local export, same problem.

Are you certain you’re opening the correct file?

It can be a tad confusing when switching over. RapidWeaver 8 makes a COPY of your project file – it leaves the RapidWeaver 7 file untouched, I guess as a just-in-case fallback if something goes wrong.

The files should have the same name but:

RW8 file: Purple and blue
RW7 file: Blue and yellow

if you have extensions enabled in the Finder the RW8 file will be called <filename>.rw8 and the RW7 file will just be called <filename>.rw

Make sure that you’re working on the .rw8 file – the purple one.

Sorry if that stuff is obvious. It’s hard to tell how excerpt/novice each user is. If you’re already know this stuff and still seem to be having trouble saving, I’d recommend contacting Realmac Support. Not begin able to save is a pretty bad issue – best to get that resolved quickly.

Isaiah

Thanks for that. Yes, I am using the RW8 file. I seem to recall a similar problem for me way back on RW5 or 6 unfortunately I can’t recall the problem. I’ll refer to Realmac as you say. Thanks for your interest.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.