Site wide theme editing advice needed

I would like to edit the Text and Titles stacks’ margin settings for my site. Can you please advise me where to do this? I’m using RW8.7 and latest Stacks.

Thanks in advance,

Your title says “Site Wide”, but then you said text and title stacks margins?

Might want to tell us what exactly you are looking to change. What theme are you using? Do you have a URL?

Hi Doug, - thanks for the quick response.
Not sure if I am using the correct terms, so apologies if I am not clear.
For my 1st RW project I am redeveloping my own remektek website. I have recently bought Stacks and I am using the Lander theme.
I am trying to use Stacks on every page and would like to adjust the Bottom Margins for Headings and Text stacks - site wide. I am assuming this would be a CSS change, but this is as far as my limited knowledge goes. I need assistance on where to make this adjustment.
Also, while on the topic, I would love to know if the same type of change can be done for non stacks content, and where that is accessible to change.

Thanks for helping out a newbie :slight_smile:

I’ve tried selecting a Page then edit next to Use Master Style EDIT on the right Inspector section, but I don’t find a Layout adjustment, plus this might only apply to the page selected and not the whole site.

I’ve also tried selecting Master Style on the left, but only found Layout COLOURS not Margins. Hence my question.

Hi Paul, I think I understand what you want. The theme you are using doesn’t have those refined settings in the master styles. So adding margins to headings, you would need to add some custom CSS.

You can gicve this a try:

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
margin-bottom: 16px;
}

You can of course change the values to what you like and even break them down for different types of headers:

h1, h2, h3 {
margin-bottom: 2rem;
}
h4, h5, h6 {
margin-bottom: 8px;
}

Now for the text stacks that can be more difficult. You see, the text stacks are using styled text. Unfortunately, styled text doesn’t do an outstanding job of separating or breaking the text into paragraphs. It’s terrible at doing that, so you might try to use markdown (there is a markdown stack) in the future.

If all you want is a margin at the bottom of every text stack, then try this:

.text_stack {
margin-bottom: .5rem;
}
1 Like

Thanks for the solution. The h1, h2, etc. worked for me! However the .text_stack setting had no effect.

What is the CSS equivalent for “text” setting (or paragraph?) like it is the h1, h2, etc.?

There’s not one for text.
Paragraphs are just a p

p {
   margin-bottom: 8px;
}

But that’s the problem with styled text unless you put the text within a paragraph it will just be ”loose text” on the page.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.