Spinning ball on unused page

I have a blocks page which I no longer want. Every time I click on it to delete I get the spinning ball and rapid weaver no longer responds. To get rid of this page would it be possible to do a right click to show package contents on the project file and remove it there? I’m running classic on silicone iMac Sonoma operating system.

Hi @Jspringate,

The problem here is that the Blocks plugin crashes when you try to open it on the current version of macOS. So each time you click the Blocks-page in your project, you cause it to crash.

The trick is to first click on a page that’s not a Blocks page (if you have none, create one first).

Then, right click on the Blocks page in the page overview, without first left clicking on it. This should do the trick.

The Blocks plugin has been quietly discontinued by its publisher earlier this year, after a few years of only running under Rosetta in macOS. It doesn’t look like it’s going to be upgraded to be compatible with the latest macOS version I’m afraid.

Cheers,
Erwin

Many thanks Erwin I tried what you suggested and I got the dialogue box asking me if I wanted to remove the page but when I click on remove I got the spinning ball again. Just as a footnote, I no longer use blocks I’m well and truly on stacks it’s just the leftover file. it’s not important that I get rid of it but It would be nice to lol

Hi @Jspringate,

Hmmm… this works at my end for older projects.

Sorry I can’t be of more assistance :frowning:

Cheers,
Erwin

Is was worth a try Erwin-many thanks. So removing from the project via the project file not a good idea?

Hey @Jspringate,

You should be able to delete the page after either disabling the Blocks plugin in RapidWeaver’s preferences or removing the plugin if you no longer need it.

If RapidWeaver can’t find the plugin for a page it will tell you the plugin is missing but you’ll still be able to remove the page.

If you need help with this let me know.

Cheers

3 Likes

Many thanks -problem solved :slight_smile:

1 Like