Stack to embed PDF

Using the free Embed stack from Will Woodgate. Which settings specifically do I need to do a screen shot to show you where I am? Thanks.

Okay,

The page link above Straka Article | Alan Lacer Woodturning, doesn’t show the first page of any PDF file. It has two image stacks with png files that are images of the PDF.
2021-03-07_10-22-10

You then have two embed stacks (Stacks4Stacks) that have the iFrame URL set to https://example.com , that’s the default that is delivered with the stack.

So this is how you need to use the embed stack:

1. Drag a copy of the embed stack on to the page
  2. Put the PDF into resources
  3. In the resource tray Right-click the PDF and Select Copy URL2021-03-07_10-27-45
  4. Open the Embed stack inspector:
    a. Make sure the Content type is set to iFrame (default)
    b. Paste the copied URL into the iFrame URL field2021-03-07_10-31-51

2 Likes

Thanks so much. Generally it is working. However, at times it still does only first page of an article. I have opened the pdf’s on my desktop, re-inserted as a Resource, taken the same steps as you have suggested, but still only the first page about half the time.

Without seeing the PDF or a link to a URL that contains the embed, it’s hard to say what might cause this.

The Free embed stack simply uses the browsers PDF controls in an iFrame. IFrames aren’t a great way to go. They can be temperamental at scrolling, especially on touch devices.

I don’t have @joeworkman PDF embed so I can’t tell you how it works or if it may be a better option.

Of course, embedding Pdf files isn’t required like it once was. A simple link to a PDF file with all modern browsers will open the PDF up. You won’t have navigation on the page, but that gives the end user a few more options.

1 Like

This was in Tidbits, not RW related but does describe a problem with iframe , just mentioning it as some unexplained conflicts can exist? … :wink: