Stacks 3 problem

(tim parsons) #1

hi i have just installed Stacks 3 and clicked a few of the new buttons, the result was that i got the new stacks sidebar floating however i cannot move it anymore and it is stuck over the Page List, how can i revert back to the default position.

(Darren Bentz) #2

Can you get to the options at the bottom of the floating Stacks window? If you can click on sidebar.

(Mark Sealey) #3

The control components of Stacks 3 are now much more flexible: they can be ‘tear-off’ like ‘windows’, ‘docked’, or attached etc. I suspect that you have changed the state of one or more of them. Don’t worry: the fix is easy :slight_smile: .

(tim parsons) #4

Thanks chaps @VictorStar the options werent available, @isaiah suggested the remedy by Click and L in the Layout Area
@MarkSealey yes Stacks 3 is far more flexible, however i cant reproduce my problem again, i have now found that selecting the “popover” option isnt very friendly as it always Pops Over the Layout Area and cannot be moved, i thought what good is that ?

I certainly have a lot of new stuff to learn :smile:

Tim

(Isaiah Carew) #5

@timmytoad: not all windows modes will be useful to all people – which is exactly the point. we try hard to only include the best UI and the best workflow to do things in the interface…

… except when there is no the best.

In testing and prototyping we talked to many users. What I noticed was that users with large monitors have very very different needs than those with small ones. the best workflow for a big monitor very different from the best for a small monitor – this lead us to create a few window mode options.

I fully expect that at least one of the window modes will seem oddly useless to almost everyone – but I can assure you that there are thousands of users for whom that mode is, without question, the best.

It would be fun to have a forum thread where everyone posts a screenshot of their workflow. I’m betting there would be quite a bit of variation and some good debate about what the best workflow is. :wink:

Isaiah

(tim parsons) #6

@isaiah Thanks, you well and truly put me in my place :slight_smile:
And I asked for it as well LOL

Tim

(Isaiah Carew) #7

sometimes i sound all serious and stuff. it’s just the filter of the keyboard.

just imagine i’m barefoot, sitting on my porch with laptop and a margarita at 10am while writing this (this is my natural state) :wink:

that said, how to decide on which UI features is kind of what i like to talk about for fun. i get so excited about all the little details of how to do this stuff right.
so… yes, absolutely! i am that much of a nerd. lol

isaiah

(tim parsons) #8

Nicely Said @isaiah

Tim