I’m still searching for a responsive gallery/lightbox stack.
I tried many different photo albums, galleries, lightboxes, but I haven’t find the (very simple) one I need. Every one have pros and cons, and my web site do not proceed.
- I need to show square, horizontal and vertical pictures in lightbox. In some pages I have many pictures (70/80)
- thumbnails around 200/250 px. I prefer square thumbnails for all the pictures. Or square thumbnails grid with pictures centered both vertical and horizontal.
- a short title under the thumbnails, not over.
- in the lightbox with full picture I want to show a different text and a description, not more than two rows. Above or below the picture, not over.
- vertical pictures resized to see them completely
- no frames, round corners, shadows… no effects at all.
The best Edit interface would be the one of Weaverpix, with little thumbnails and big space for writing titles and descriptions. But Weaverpix is not a Stack and it has complex settings. The only Weaverpix theme close to what I want is Collage, but with vertical pictures it is a mess (or I have not find the right options in that long list).
The simplest solution I tried was Photo Album 2 (a variant of Rapidweaver Photo Album offered in many third party themes). But working with a wide-gamut monitor I had many problems with color profiles, as I wrote in another topic.
In my old site I have YourHead Collage plugin, but it has the same color issue of Photo Album.