Styling hyperlinks

Hi, how do I style hyperlinks in Rapidweaver 8 using Stacks? I don’t want an underline and want to be able to change the font colour.

The styling is probably coming from the theme you’re using. If you give us a link to your website, someone will be able to help you out.

Hi NeilUK, thanks for the reply, but I’ve only just bought Rapidweaver today and still finding my way around. I have watched many videos and will no doubt have to re-view them, Is it not possible to style hyperlinks in Stacks? I will probably end up having to get Foundry or something similar by the looks of it as well for complete design freedom, I’m just unsure as to which to go with as I need a CMS too.

If you use Paragraph Pro or Scribe from Big White Duck https://bigwhiteduck.com/stacks/, you can style the links per stack. There are probably other text stacks that allow that too, but Scribe and PP are my go to text stacks.

All Big White Duck stacks are free to download, but I would encourage you to donate as his stacks are some of the best around.

I’m also assuming you have already the main Stacks plugin which allows you to use other stacks within your RapidWeaver projects?

1 Like

Thanks, I will look into that. Yes, I also bought the Stacks plugin today. I am changing over from Adobe Muse because of the EOL, also used Freeway years ago and GoLive before that. I’m trying to replace everything I have in Muse without having to go to Wordpress.

The simplest CSS code to stop links underlining and to change their colour in any page type is:

a,
a:link,
a:visited {
    text-decoration: none;
    color: #FF0000;
}

That will work for static and previously visited links.

To target hovered links:

a:hover {
}

And for active (as you click them) links:

a:active {
}

That should have you covered for most setups. Enter CSS in the Page Inspector or Site Settings.

But as @NeilUK says, check your theme settings first. Most themes carry settings to change link colours without needing custom CSS code. Some themes also have checkboxes to toggle underlining on and off. It would actually be very unusual for a theme not to have colour pickers for links. Even most of the freebie themes provided with RapidWeaver let you change the link colours.

1 Like

Thanks willwood, appreciate the help from you and @NeilUK.

If you are using Foundation…it is all built into Site Styles

There’s also this - https://rapidweaver.marathia.com/stacks/LinkPlus/ - which offers a lot of control over the way hyperlinks are displayed.

Rob

Good point and thanks robbeattie, I have sight problems - blind in one eye etc, so will look into this one.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.