Theme rejects javascript and hides divs arbitrarily


#1

I’ve added a javascript code to my project. It should hyphenate any text that is put between hyphenate tags. I’ve successfully used this same code in other projects, so there’s nothing wrong with it. However, this particular theme that I’m now using refuses to implement it and there is only a blank space where the hyphenated text should be. The div is hidden!

This theme is Tilt by Multithemes. If I switch themes, I find that with some themes the javascript works (with most that I have) but with some themes it doesn’t. This could involve responsive behaviour but most responsive themes work just fine.

I contacted Multithemes but got no fix. I can force the hyphenated div to visibility but the javacript doesn’t take effect. Multithemes support suggested that I should place the javascript code in the end of the HTML file, just before the closing body tag. My question is, how do you do that? Within Rapidweaver I can’t see any way to manipulate HTML this way, and adding the code by hand would mean that every time I update the site the code is lost.

Any ideas? I feel it’s quite unacceptable that a theme hides user added divs and user added javascript doesn’t take effect.


(Michelangelo) #2

Open the theme content.
Select “show content” (Right-click)

open the HTML file with your favorite text editor
paste you code ( or move existing codes) at the bottom, before the BODY ( after line 122))

...<div id="menuOpened" class="settings"></div>
<div id="boxOpened" class="settings"></div>
       
---->  place the code here    <-------
    
</body>
</html>

hope this helps


#3

Nah, placing the code in the end of the theme’s index file didn’t help. The theme hides the div still, and if I force it visible, the javascipt still doesn’t work.


(Michelangelo) #4

It seems a javascript conflict. the original theme work well in our test.

probably you must reorder 4 lines
add your code between these address.

try also without the theme.js and the viewpoerchecker.js

<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.0/jquery.min.js"></script>       < ---main library
<script type="text/javascript" src="%pathto(javascript.js)%"></script>	    < --- RW js
<script type="text/javascript" src="%pathto(js/theme.js)%"></script>        < --- all theme features in JS
<script type="text/javascript" src="%pathto(js/viewportchecker.js)%"></script>    < --- scroll detection

#5

I tried adding my javascript between the lines but it didn’t make a difference. I also deleted the theme.js and viewpoerchecker.js lines but that didn’t make a difference either.