Timed release stack

I am looking for a stack that will do a timed release. Basically I build the stack, then set it to launch on x date, and then remove it self on x date. Is there something out there?

Take a look at Tardis by Joe Workman, should do what you want, and more!!

Also, don’t miss the free Expiry stack from Stacks4Stacks…

1 Like

I actually used that and it didn’t work for me.

Which one did not work, two stacks were offered. If it is Tardis, let me know, I can help, not with Expiry.

1 Like

or look into “sentry” by @willwood
cheers, tomas

@zeebe it was expiry that didn’t work

Might take a look at this

Never used it but looks like it would do what you wanted.

@teefers @willwood

Do you know if this will work with stacks? If it will I think that is the one for me.

It is listed as a stack, Here is more info:
https://seydesign.com/stacks/timerelease/

@willwood

I know you just recently took over Seydesigns and am having issues with the time release stack I just purchased. It won’t show in RW after I installed it. I have re-installed it several times and restarted RW several times too. Do you know anything that is going on? I just updated to Version 7.1.7 (18375)

Fixed, I had to show hidden stacks since it isn’t registering from a particular developer.

I use expiry all the time with no problems. When I first used it I had a problem with the date format but once I got that it has been great.

having some issues with Timestack by seydesign. I set it up but id didn’t change over for some reasons. How do I get it to automatically change over? Am I supposed to check the refresh button?

Are you basing observation on RW preview or on actual website?

Did you set the timezones? (Depending on various details your actual time, and timezone set by stack, could be off by 12+ hours.)

Following on the conversation - Do any of these stacks offer a “by the day” release?

Example uses: Today’s Daily Special or Open Today From…

The stack would know the day of the week and only display that day’s info. Set it once for the year (not having to do specific dates and times).

@Mathew

It was on my site I launched. I added the stack and set the times for it, but it didn’t take it down. when it was supposed to.

Joe’s Tardis does this.

1 Like

Hi @garyp the used timezone settings might be key here. You hosting provider might have systems in a different timezone and so this is not resulting in the expected outcome. On this page of a comparable stack (shameless plug :wink:) an example of the used timezone setting from the webserver.

The stack you are using at this moment might also have an option for you to check the used timezone and set it to the one that you would like to use.

How do I find out what my server time zone is using?

Not clear what stack you are using at the moment (for a built-in feature) but the following PHP snippet (with the page extension also set to PHP) should do the trick:

<?php Echo 'Date and time: '.Date('l d F (n) Y @ G:i:s').' '.'Timezone: '.Date('e (T O)'); ?>
1 Like