TotalCMS Blog - two issues I need help with

(Darren Yeates) #1

Hi,

I am integrating a TotalCMS blog onto my site and have two questions I am hoping people can help me with.

1. When creating a post and hitting the ‘Save’ button, is there a way to give feedback to the user that something is happening, i.e. pictures uploading, blog post save successful etc?

2. When I go to the content side of the blog I see my blog post in the blog list, but when I press the ‘Read More’ button it doesn’t link to the post - it just defaults to the site homepage. I’m obviously missing something but can’t find it! Any advice?

Blog page:

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #2

You should get little green checkmarks upon saving a blog post, for each field you have in the blog post area, like this:

Have you watched the Total CMS 1.3.0 video?? That might give you some help with this area.

(Darren Yeates) #3

Nailed it! (with the help of your pointer!)
Well, the 1.3.0 video certainly helped. Up until then I had watched the blog overview video. The key bit about previewing locally to set the permalink/pretty link bit up was missed (the server was empty for the link string), so I first got the standard permalink working and now have editing my .htaccess file and got pretty links up and running. Thank you.

As for the completion indications, I get the small green ticks appear but I have some people in the team who are not tech-savvy at all and it just would be nice to have a popup or banner or something to indicate to them that things have been successful, otherwise I can see them pressing the save button multiple times expecting to see something.

(scott williams) #4

I recall there is a banner green bar with check at top of page option.

When I get to my computer I’ll get the info for you.

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #5

There is a banner setting, but for some reason it is not working with Blog, I have asked Joe about it, but he is still asleep. Will let you know what he says. Here is a screenshot of the banner setting:

(scott williams) #6

zeebe’s to quick, lol

Edit - FYI - Works for me @zeebe