UI suggestions - first impressions

Hi,
Installed the beta last night and immediately started exploring.
Excuses upfront: I have read many, but not ALL the comments and observations yet, so perhaps a lot of what I mention has already been mentioned by someone.

Rounded tool in the component inspector
If you want to add rounded corners to a picture (or button), it would be nice to be able to set ALL corners in just one click to that new setting… (with a shortcut like ‘control-option’ or something like that). And reset all with the theme-icon as it is already

Selected component frame in the editor
The first thing that struck me was by editing the button in the example page:
The blue frame gets really in my way if I want to give a button a real thin border or subtle rounding at the corners. The thick blue frame is over it. That’s when you’re a pixel nit-picking freak :wink:
You have to deactivate the component if you want to preview and then activate it again to refine. That means switching back and forth all the time. But what’s even more annoying is that the component inspector jumps upwards every time and you have to scroll all the way down again to ‘rounded’ or ‘hover’ settings.
Suggestion: the existing blue frame to identify a component is allright, but when you make it active it would be nice if the frame gets just a real thin line and/or only the blue block with the relevant component name indicates what/where you are editing…

Component inspector overwhelming
the component inspector is in some cases way too long in my opinion, it’s overwhelming and really contra-productive to have all that scrolling

• would be usesful to have a one-click to close all dropdowns and open the one you will be working on, but much better:
  • the suggestion of bryanrieger: Text Formatting, layout and styles , the idea of dividing the component inspector into segments (tabs) like in Apple Pages…

Setting a shadow position in the shadow-squaretool
Setting shadows is practically impossible, the pointer flies in all directions ;-). Physically typing in the values cannot be done below ‘10’. I’m sure this has already been mentioned by someone.

So far my two pennies worth…

Something which might be considered is a ‘Solo’ mode such as exists in Adobe Lightroom. You can set the inspectors to solo and only one item will open at a time - all the others collapse. If you want Background, everything else collapses and you only see the options for Background.

Yep, collapsing options has already been added to the punch list if I recall correctly.

Yes it has, but I do like the idea of adding in “Solo” mode too!

1 Like

Yes, that’s on the list, I find this annoying too, hah!

Yes, this was mentioned by other beta testers. We think we’re going to add an option/toggle in the UI so you can hide the selection ring while editing these tricky items!

Ah this is a bug we need to fix. For now you should create a new shadow in the Theme Studio (as that works great).

1 Like