Updated OSX missing stacks

I had a problem - SSD crashed and Apple loaded too small (original size) SSD so can’t restore from TIME MACHINE. All my purchased stacks are missing and I cannot see how to re-download.

You should have email confirmations for your purchases. A bit laborious I know, but it’s a start. And if you purchased from a supplier that uses Paddle, they’ll all be listed there as well.

You should be able to restore individual files or folders from the Time Machine backup.

TimeMachine isn’t an “all or nothing” restore.

I feel your pain. Last year, one of the Mac cleanup apps removed my RW config, which effectively removed all the stacks. I had to go through every purchase email (fortunately I’d kept them all in their own folder) and re-download everything. There were a couple where the download link had expired, but the RW devs are a helpful bunch, fortunately!

I now have every stack/installer saved on OneDrive, and mirrored to my NextCloud server, so at least if there’s another disaster I can batch-install them all again.

@dan, @isaiah - really think the RW/Stacks configs should be ‘protected’ from this kind of issue, if possible.

@jacksona yeah that’s the problem with cleanup apps they can sometimes be a little heavy handed. As far as I know CleanMyMac plays nicely with RapidWeaver. Not sure what other cleaner apps are out there… but might be worth contacting the developers of the one you used and asking them to make sure it works nice with RW :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Dan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.