Using Shopify "Buy Button" wiith RapidWeaver - Help!

Scott -

Thanks for your reply. I have RW 4.2.2 as mentioned above. Is Stacks a separate tool I would need to download and add to my program? I’ve never used it before.

OK, Scott your suggestion is the first one that has some success!! Thank you!

I found an old version of stacks, installed it and followed your directions. Although the button did not appear in my RW preview page it DID appear in the online preview for (Firefox, Chrome, etc).

The big question now is how do I get that button on individual pages for each of my products!

RW 4? Wow, been a long time…

Are you using styled text pages?

You can paste code int styled text pages as well. Make sure you have a caribe return at the end of anything above it, paste it as plain text.
What happens?
Have a peak at the source is it wrapped in tags?

So past it in the styled text page, publish and if it doesn’t work, post the URL so we can have a look.

I would highly recommend that you start the upgrade process before you reach a point that you can’t (if you’re not already there) also, stacks will open up a whole new world of possibilities to you.

Thanks for your help guys. It looks like one of the earlier suggestions works…with a caveat!

I pasted the embed code into the body of the page, highlighted the text and clicked on “Ignore formatting”. When you look at the page in the RW preview mode there’s nothing there - blank space. BUT when you use browser / preview (Firefox, Chrome, etc) it does appear. And it seems to be working properly once you upload and make it live.

It’s a little disconcerting not seeing it in the simple preview mode but it is there. I’ve used 4 different payment methods with RW over the past 10 years and they all appear in the preview mode.

Thanks, Scott. I have the Stacks in my RW program now regardless. I will be experimenting with it!

1 Like