🗣 Weaver Questions (e34 Wed 31st March) 👻

If you have any kind of RapidWeaver or web design/development questions, please ask us here. @dan and I will do our best to answer them on next weeks show :slight_smile:

Cheers for your ears.

Why when using the filters on the Addons Community page, and you filter for a specific developer, do you see stacks, themes or plugins for other developers? See my two photos below, where I filtered by Nimblehost:

Filtering by Developer Name

Scrolling down you find this

1 Like

@zeebe

I don’t think ads (promo’s) should be displayed under certain search criteria either… imho

BUT, that’s something for you developers to discuss with Realmac…

Maybe a new category… Promotions… would be in order…

Brad

Not a developer Brad, as I do not make anything, just do support.

1 Like

@zeebe

Yup, know that, but it is something you should talk to Joe about and he with Realmac no?

Developers pay for Promo’s so there has to be a happy medium/ bang for buck type of thing right?

Brad

1 Like

Promoted addons are essentially ads, so they will always appear in the listings (just like ads show up in search results when you google something). In the future we’ll try and be a bit smarter about when and in what context they show up.

We’ll chat about this in a little more detail on next weeks show! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

OK, that sounds understandable, just was weird to see, and thought it might confuse users as to who owns what. Thanks for the explanation.

1 Like

Here is one for the podcast too. How many themes from different developers will be in RapidWeaver 7? There are 5 in RapidWeaver 6. Can you also name the developers submitting themes?
Thanks

1 Like

@ben A couple of things I’d be interested in yours and @dan thoughts on in a future podcasts:

1. The Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Project, and it’s potential impact on Rapidweaver? https://www.ampproject.org

2. The new(ish) image formats of JPEG XR and WebP - can we/should we be using them in Rapidweaver now, or in the future?

Thanks

Mark

Can you influence addon developers to load scripts asynchronously? When page loading speed becomes more and more important and Google looks at thing like that it gets very important. Now I have to add in manually tool themes and in most cases it works great… until a thee update when I have to repeat that.