WeaverTips - The best tips for RapidWeaver

Gary @webdeer : It looks to me like he is using ScreenFlow. It’s a great app and latest version started offering option to export as animated GIFs.

@Mathew Thanks that’s good to know. I use ScreenFlow for video but have not used it for GIF so far.

Neither had I. It was hard for me to imagine a case where I’d want to use animated GIFs. @barchard showed me a great use with WeaverTips.

Coincidentally, I just had an email that Telestream is doing a “deep dive” webinar on Screenflow next week, and will be covering gif creation as one of the topics.

Yes, I use screen flow. I assume @mathew either saw this in an image meta data or i left it as part of one of the GIFs by accident (let me know which and maybe i can re-edit it)

Anyways, doing another session of GIFs this weekend. If anyone has any requests, let me know!

For those who use RSS, WeaverTips now has a RSS feed! Subscribe now for new content :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I only noticed because I also have Screenflow and I thought I recognized the way it chooses to display keystrokes. If there’s image meta data or in a GiF re: Screenflow I don’t know about it.

How about something on setting up colour palettes in the color picker?

Hey Greg @barchard how do we subscribe to RSS? I don’t see the option anywhere.

your browser should detect the feed. I have, however, just added a link in the footer for the RSS feed. You can use that if your browser doesn’t detect it.

1 Like

I saw the link, thank you. I’m using Safari. Do I have something turned off that I don’t see the option to get the RSS feed?

Does it show up as a link? Assuming you clicked his RSS Feed link.

If you have, check the “at" symbol in the side bar & “subscriptions” button at his page bottom.

You can’t subscribe at the homepage level. But try it. This should get you a subscription entry ubder the at symbol listed under FEEDS. If that doesn’t work copy the link content & use an RSS reader like Vienna, etc.

If you have the address, you can use the + Add Feed button when in “subscriptions.”

1 Like

I saw Greg’s link that he added (I’m on a desktop), but it seems I don’t have an RSS feed extension… I now see the @ on my Safari browser, thank you. I don’t understand much about RSS or how to add it to my feeds. Would it be easier if I have one?
What I’d like is to be notified when there are new posts. My main concern was that I didn’t know how to add Greg’s feed until he added the link.

I finally hit his link to test it - it isn’t working well for me, either. Is anyone else getting it?
I usually subscribe via an RSS reader. It works there.

Points to https://weaver.tips/rss

I should have shut up, since I don’t do it this way.
If you quit Safari & restart it, the feeds do show up.

1 Like

@LSPhoto maybe this helps:
https://www.macissues.com/2014/11/20/how-to-subscribe-to-rss-feeds-in-safari-8/

I think it is still relevant for the latest versions of Safari.

@Runamok I assume you’re all set? The feed is working for you now?

1 Like

Thanks, Greg :slight_smile: Will a new post just show up in my feed on the left when you add something?

yes, i believe it should.

1 Like

Re: Suggestions:

Greg,

In a post above, it was mentioned whether you want “contributions.”

Do you want suggestions here as posts, as PMs,
or all as part of your “submissions” form on the weaver tips site?

Either a support ticket, direct message or the submissions link would be great. Thanks. I then consolidate these into a long to-do list whenever I have some free time to record

Thanks

Good idea and very helpful, thank. you.

Suggestions that spring to mind:
1 - How to rename a Partial. (It took me a while to work this out)

2 - advantages/disadvantages of stacks layout settings, for example fixed, flexible, etc