Webdeersign first project is now available

##Webdeersign first project is now available.

Project1 - The first Project is a single page style site with 6 different pages that show different configurations. A modular design is used to aid quickly building a design and all modules come complete with notes.You can see the individual pages at www.webdeersign.com/#pr1.

Many different configurations are shown and some are quite subtle and others not so much. I have added quite a bit of Easy/TotalSM and there is an extra OptionsCMS page that also has its own CMS Admin page. This will really help anyone struggling with setting up a CMS system.There is also a Stater Page that is a stripped back page suitable for building a page quickly or for users new to Foundation. Just drop the CMS Admin page into your project and start adding CMS areas in the rest of your project.

The Project includes extra resources including a warehouse of many images sized and optimised, as well as a font folder with demo fonts in web font format and also inline format, already tested. All images, icons, etc., used in the project are included and most are editable and there are also multiple variations of additional images to use.

There is a huge amount of Big White Duck stacks used which add new levels of sophistication and ease of use.

Cheers, Gary

2 Likes

This looks great! Well done. Looks like a ton of work.

1 Like

Wow! So freshly clean, fast and modern. Excellent job, @webdeer.

Makes me want to dive into Foundation. I probably will in a couple of weeks. Cross your fingers for me (canā€™t cross mine ā€“ Iā€™m using them to finish a website). Aiming to deliver the project Iā€™m working on to my clients without a hitch. Then Iā€™ll try my hands on Foundation and your Project1.

Very, very nice. :clap:

1 Like

@webdeer

Congratulations Gary, i think your modular approach is well thought out just based on the various demoā€™s available (have not purchased yet).

$40, just $40, what currency (USD, Euro, Pounds Stirling or location based for current type)?

Brad

Yes it was a ton of work, not just on the design and layout side but also on the documentation. I redid quite a few things because I wasnā€™t thinking like a new user so it has been created to make it as easy as possible to understand. Thanks

1 Like

Hi Brad,

It is USD and the fact you asked the question, means I have to make it more clear.

I am using the excellent UK based Paddle system which is amongst other things, an online digital download facility. Being based in the EU, we have to pay 81 different rates of VAT tax, specific to 28 different countries in the EU and it must be calculated by determining where the buyer is based (IP address & address verification). Then, the VAT must be paid to each of the 28 countries, every 3 months and records kept for 10 years (including details of every customer and the information used to determine where they are based), after you cease trading. Luckily Paddle handle all of this but of course that service is expensive.

Gary

2 Likes

Hi Gary

I only asked because you are EU based and using the $ sign might have been a typo but does indicate USD. Was just clarifying.

Yeah, a lot has to be retained in the EU for so many yearsā€¦ they should be more concerned about big companies using loopholes rather than the little guy trying to make a modest income imho. Your approach using Paddle is smartā€¦ less in your hands the better as that provides you more time to develop :wink:

Thanks
Brad

1 Like

@webdeer

Hey Gary

Purchasedā€¦ WOW!

I have to reiterate how thorough you are in your instructions, layout of partials, use of hiding content with locker and everything else beautiful.

My only suggestion, if you are able, is to partner with the developers of the free stacks and package them with your product to save searching and downloadingā€¦ just MHO. Once installed, the user would be responsible for updating the stacks as required and outlined in your guides.

Well done! HIGHLY recommended for ANY user wanting to explore Foundations!

Brad

1 Like

Hi Brad,

Thanks. I did consider simplifying the stacks needed but as each of the stacks are given away completely free by Joe Workman, S4S and BWD, I thought it might distract from those developers free contribution. Most users will have them all but if someone doesnā€™t have those stacks they would really benefit from having a good look at each first.

Glad you like the instructions inside the Locker stack. The documentation was always a a big part of the Project concept and doing it this way means the documentation sticks with the stack.

Look out for some important new modules and updates to the Project in the next few weeks.

Cheers, Gary

1 Like

@webdeer
Hi Gary - I always like to applaud anything that enhances the Rapidweaver ā€˜eco-systemā€™ - BUT at $40 dollars I donā€™t think you will get many takers - that is not to say that your ā€˜templateā€™ - for want of better word, is lacking in effort. This price hits the ā€˜Upperā€™ level of Theme Prices. To use your templates will cost about $200 for starters i.e. The Foundation Stacks; the Easy/Total CMS and of course Stacks 3 - (granted the Big White Duck stacks are free (or a cup of coffee). Whilst you point out the use of your warehoused images - in my experience most users want their own images - I swap-out most images in the many themes Iā€™ve purchased, which is not difficult to do.

Granted that your template may be suitable for new users of Rapidweaver - but by the time they get round to purchasing Foundation, CMS and Stacks they are probably very proficient in RW. I think that $15 - $20 is the range you should be selling at, given that there are many Themes on the market with a huge amount of functionality which can give as good a result without purchasing a bundle of add-ons - and cost around $30.

Good luck with your endeavors - I just hope you get due recompense for your efforts.
regards

1 Like

I purchased the project and I happen to think that $40 is well worth it (especially considering many themes go for $30). The first thing I thought when I opened his project fill was - oh man, I need to carve out some time to see how all of this works! There is a TON of stuff in there, lots of notes and description. (Gary may be underselling the amount of content you get).

I find this (and @hipsterweaverā€™s stuff) to be more than just templates because they teach me how to use different stacks - like a little self-directed learning module - and it is an investment in my own skill development with Rapidweaver. A theme might quickly get me a site built (your mileage may vary on how flexible it is) but I donā€™t know that I am any better at making websites at the end of it. I can say that @webdeer and hipster have taught me practical things that I can take to other projects.

Granted, @kpryce1the if you donā€™t have some of the other requisite stacks (the Foundation set, mainly) then, yes, the initial cost does balloon up. If youā€™re making it for a client, though, you can pass that cost along and then you are setup for the future.

Anyway, to each his own but I think $40 is well worth in this case.

1 Like

Hi kpryce1 - I think you have misunderstood exactly what the Projects are so I may not have made it clear enough.

The Webdeersign Projects are absolutely not aimed at RapidWeaver users who use themes. They are aimed at Foundation users who use Stacks & RapidWeaver and will be of interest to professional & experienced web designers. The 2 types of users are very different and our Projects create web sites that no theme can create or begin to be as flexible or powerful. The Projects are also not templates because they allow complete free form of layout, positioning, structure, etcā€¦

Also, warehousing of images is not just the ability to swap images, it is about enabling the use of SVG images, speeding up web sites, reducing image size and many other benefits. Using SVGā€™s opens up all sorts of possibilities.

I hope this is clearer now.

1 Like

@webdeer
Hi Gary - thanks for your reply. I do understand precisely what your Projects are. A ā€œthemeā€ within a ā€œThemeā€ methinks. The starting point for beginners in RW is the use of Themes that are supplied with RW. The next step is the purchase of Stacks & Stacks elements. and maybe a few other plugins. I doubt whether new users would jump straight into the ā€œShark Infested Bowl of Custardā€ of Foundation - just a point of view. I do use Foundation (with its included Theme) and I use Simple CMS from Joe Workman (donā€™t forget of course that if your customers are encouraged to use ā€œTotal CMSā€ there is Fee to pay for every site - so donā€™t think you can just pass on Projects that include Total CMS).

Iā€™ve used Foundation from its early begginings and its got better with the use of Partials in the Latest Version of Stacks - there is a cost involved in upgrading if a user is still on Version 2 of stacks. I canā€™t say that I would recommend new users to your templates as there is a relatively steep learning curve to overcome when jumping forward from Pure RW 6 (without any add-ons).
Regards

Project1 has now been updated to use the current and latest BWD SectionsPro stacks. It takes advantage of the many enhancements that Andrew at BWD has made since P1 was released earlier in 2016. Existing users can log into their Paddle account to download the latest version.

2 Likes

Just updated Project 1 to version 3. Mainly a Spitā€™n Polish update using the very latest versions of stacks that have been significantly updated.

Existing users can log into their Paddle account and download the latest version.

3 Likes

Thank you.
The included PaddyStacks are really useful, this is sometimes overlooked.