Which version should I be using?

My iMac is on 10.13.6 please advise which version I should use…

The current version of RW 8.7 should work fine on that version of macOS.

From the RealMac Website:

RapidWeaver 8 Requires Mac OS X 10.12 or newer.

Many thanks

RW is taking ages to export (www.bitsandsteam)

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 18.07.05.jpg

Is this because I have a lot of large images in my page or is it a problem with RW?

Honestly,
I don’t have a lot of experience using the built-in Photo Album Plugin. I looked at the site and the page http://www.bitsandsteam.co.uk/photos-3/, and you have quite a few images on that page (144 approx). They are small thumbnails, so the page weight isn’t that bad 3.4mb. I tried a small (only 6 images) with that plugin and it didn’t really slow down.

Try a smaller page or project and test, if it doesn’t slow down then it might be just having that many images on a single page with that plugin.

I would definitively look at updating the theme with one that is responsive. Looks like you are using Tiger Pop, one of the older “classic” non responsive themes. Look at some newer themes listed under RapidWeaver 8 or RapidWeaver 7 in the Theme drawer.

You also should see if the hosting company offers free SSL, as the site is still using http and not the new standard https.

Doug

Many thanks. I have yet to find a galley. That is more up to date would love any suggestions. Reading your reply I wonder if you clicked on the thumbnails to see the high resolution photo?

Question 1 when editing what is the green area on the right of my text? What does it denote.

2 last publish took ages and failed but host link tests fine.

3 the list of pages on the left have blue blobs which I assume denote that they all need to be published?

Many thanks for responding.

Peter Trinder

I tried a couple and the larger image does load okay for me. The of course are much larger than the thumbnails, but since they don’t load unitl you click, it shouldn’t be an issue.

Not sure here what you are talking about. What page type are you editing? I don’t see a green area. Maybe a screenshot of what you are talking about here.

The Test button under publishing really only tests the credentials. It means the server name and Username and Password work… Publishing can be a bit of work to get going. To help it’s best if you can provide screenshots of any error messages and your publishing settings along with the name of your hosting company.

And yes the blue dot indicates the page needs to be published. You can right click on each page and mark or unmark this.

| teefers Doug Bennett RapidWeaver Pro
January 22 |

• | - |

PeterT:

I wonder if you clicked on the thumbnails to see the high resolution photo?

I tried a couple and the larger image does load okay for me. The of course are much larger than the thumbnails, but since they don’t load unitl you click, it shouldn’t be an issue.

PeterT:

When editing, what is the green area on the right of my text? What does it denote?

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 21.52.58.jpg

Not sure here what you are talking about. What page type are you editing? I don’t see a green area. Maybe a screenshot of what you are talking about here.

See above shot on the home and next pages…

PeterT:

last publish took ages and failed but host link tests fine.

The Test button under publishing really only tests the credentials. It means the server name and Username and Password work… Publishing can be a bit of work to get going. To help it’s best if you can provide screenshots of any error messages and your publishing settings along with the name of your hosting company.

And yes the blue dot indicates the page needs to be published. You can right click on each page and mark or unmark this.

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 21.03.20.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 20.59.40.jpg

I’ll contact me host company, and report back

Thanks for your time so far…

Peter T

when editing my home page i see a grenn area to the right of my text or graphic.

I am intrigued to find out what this indicates. If I could edit the html maybe i could find out.

I suppose I could do that outside RW - will try tomorrow.

Thks for help so far

Petet

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.