Why does the edit page sometimes expand

Happened again, same project, different page.

Before clicking onto the Acne page I duplicated the About page and renamed it “Skin Conditions”. Then immediately clicked on to the Acne page and it was expanded.

This workflow is nothing like when it happened earlier. In that sequence I was working on the about page, editing a menu partial that is on all pages. I then clicked the homepage and it was expanded.

I have again duplicated the project and left it open on my desktop.

EDIT: This is interesting, and I think new… On the project with the expanded Acne page, now ALL pages I click are expanded.

I had to reboot RW so the dodgy project is now closed again.

OK it just happened again, I was in preview mode on a page, switched to a different page and switched to edit mode. It is not consistent but it feels to me like this is where this frequently occurs.

What framework or theme are you using?

It is F6

No connection there then, I d’t have that one.

all the details have been very helpful. thanks everyone.

here’s another question that came up looking at your responses:

1. When you first see the problem are you viewing a page for the very first time since opening the document? Or had you viewed that page before?

2. About how long had it been since you launched RW? Is it a similar amount of time each time you see the problem?

1. Sometimes it’s the first time viewed, but often, more often, it’s been viewed lots, then just goes whacky.

2. No. Sometimes immediate, sometimes ages after launch.

Although, the other day, when it happened a lot on the same project, it did feel like it was happening at similar times from relaunch. That might only have been noticeable as I was mentally keeping track of things more, for this thread.

Whenever this happens I’d normally immediately reboot RW, but the other day I was purposefully not rebooting, so as to keep the dodgy project open in case you appeared and wanted me to try things. But it soon became obvious that the expanded window thing is part of a bigger issue (or causes a bigger issue), as the longer I worked with the dodgy project open the more unstable RW became, eventually crashing.

My experience is similar to TemplateRepo, I am sorry it is not more specific. One point I haven’t mentioned, sometimes, but not often, if you simply switch pages a few times the problem goes away, but as mentioned RW does become more unstable, so I usually save my project and restart RW just to be safe.

• Re 1: I’m not sure, but most likely, page was viewed earlier in a session;
  • Re 2: Always after at least an hour and always after a lot of editing (most likely editing partials that are used on many pages).

Like Steve above, I always re-launch RW after I get the expanded edit window.

I agree that I would almost certainly have viewed the page earlier but for me it can be much sooner than 1 hour. Having said that however I often sleep my mac with RW still open, so that may mean RW has been open for >1 hour.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.