Workman Target Stack Totally Misbehaving

(Butternut Squash) #1

The attached images show the very simplest possible configuration of the Joe Workman Target Stack.

I am completely baffled as to why the png is off center, rather than smack dab in the middle. Even worse, if I opt for relative to body or to parent rather than browser, it is even more off-center or disappears completely.

If I reduce the image manually beforehand, instead of from within the target stack itself, the result is equally off center, this time in the other direction.

Anyone?

(Thomas Fitzgerald) #2

I do not personally have this Stack from Joe Workman. Usually, he is a very good craftsman with his Stacks, and I doubt he would have left this feature out.

Please can you upload a screenshot of the image in Edit Mode and of the drop down menus on the right hand side “Inspector Menu” that say “Width” and “Position”.

(Butternut Squash) #3

You can see the Inspector settings in the images I have already uploaded.

(Thomas Fitzgerald) #4

If all you are wanting is to place the image in the center of the page. No text or anything else over the top of it/ in front of it.

Step 1: Go into your Stack Library. Drag and drop onto your RapidWeaver page a “Image Stack”. Drag and drop the image you require into the Image Stack". Place the image into a Image Stack.

I have provided screen shots below:
Screen Shot (DropBox)
Screen Shot (DropBox)

(Thomas Fitzgerald) #5

Step 2: Now under “Inspector” > “Page” > “Layout”. Make sure the Image Stack “Fill Mode:” is set to “Fixed Width”. Define the “Pixel Width” of the image. Set the “Align” to “Center”.

I have provided screen shots below:
Screen Shot (Drop Box)
Screen Shot (Drop Box)

(Doug Bennett) #6

Having problem reading your inspector settings in your screen image but on the first one it appears you have the width set to a % link maybe 30?

here is a shot of a target setting that centers a stack relative to parent (you can change to browser as well)

hope this helps.

(Joe Workman) #7

Interesting that no one has tried this before. The fix is to set set the width to be Fill. This is better than setting the width to 20% because when you are on a mobile device, 20% is going to be way too small.