Yuzoolthemes Cart "insecure" | Firefox, Windows 10

We test like crazy (across browsers and operating systems) with all that we create using RW. I’ve used it for years even before Blocks was released!

Here’s the latest bug – Yuzoolthemes cart.

A warning message for the Cart plugin appears using Firefox and Windows 10. Looks like it just needs to be an “https:” for the call to Cloudflare. Here’s the console screenshot (see yellow highlight at bottom)

Can I change this or does it require Yuzoolthemes to make the change?

Thank you for any help.

First of all, it’s not a bug. And I guess @yuzool is able to change that easily.

1 Like

What version of Cart Stack is that?

Cart2 is fully SSL compatible and all assets are local. You can even customise the PayPal button.

Cart1 was SSL compatible since version 1.8.3 more than 2 years ago:
https://updates.yuzoolthemes.com/post/140747689212/cart-stack-183

Might be best to update and republish. If the error still persists please provide a link and Stack version details and can update further if needed.

Cheers

3 Likes

But not to the point you’ve realised you need to include basic information like the version of the thing you are calling out as a bug??

Way too much of this amateur hour stuff going on in this forum just now leading to respectable vendors products being named alongside some nonsensical unfounded symptom. Like a setting, or browser cache or the wrong stack version.

People… take a little time out to learn the basics and attempt some simple troubleshooting for yourself. Search this forum for Isaiah posts on the subject.

You’ll come out a better person.

Just my $00.02 … here come the red cards/forum police etc etc

3 Likes

I second that @klaatu :+1:

People… take a little time out to learn the basics and attempt some simple troubleshooting for yourself. Search this forum for Isaiah posts on the subject.

You’ll come out a better person.

A little search in the forum will work wonders and also save a lot of heartache and finger pointing for no reason!

2 Likes

What would you call it then @Instacks when an error message like that pops up?

It is very disappointing what is happening to this forum. Developers… THESE PEOPLE ARE YOUR CUSTOMERS! I think many developers are very talented this obviously includes Michael. That being said, I have advice for developers. You need to take an online course on customer service. Every person has customers that are more difficult than others. I have been in business for 30 years… I would NEVER speak to a customer the way developers do on a regular basis.

Regular forum members who feel the need to pile on… shame on you. This forum was once a very friendly place to all members. I would be willing to bet big money that the majority of Rapidweaver customers are noobs. Add to that that the web is an ever changing challenge. There is not a single developer site I have seen that tells noob customers not to buy there products. Many devs mislead in my opinion how easy it is to use their products. I have purchased more than one “stack” and pluggin that was far more challenging to use than I expected.

4 Likes

I don’t think that @Mrbuzzboxx wanted to be lectured in public.
This forum is for amateurs. Pros might feel at home in Github.
This forum helped me to get started with RapidWeaver and, in the meantime, buy 4 major releases of the app, about 500 Stacks, 30 Themes and even some plugins.
None of my work would have been possible without the help of devs such as @joeworkman, @1LittleDesigner, @willwood, @nimblehost, just to name a few. Particularly Jonathan from Nimblehost was patient with me beyond any standards.
Not knowing how to fix a problem might also mean not knowing what to search for. Thus, a forum might not cough up the right solution on the wrong question.
Also, RapidWeaver-users are typically no programmers. That’s why they are RapidWeaver-users. Thus, they might not have the background to a) use the right terminology and b) to understand what’s required for a developer to drill into the case. Calling unexpected behavior (whatever the expectations are and whereever they come from) a bug is not an insult…
My 10 cents…

3 Likes

We test like crazy (across browsers and operating systems) with all that we create using RW. I’ve used it for years even before Blocks was released!

Does that sound like the intro of a newbie/amateur/clueless RW user?

But it’s ok for you to attempt same with me?

This forum is for amateurs.

Say’s who?

Pros might feel at home in Github.

Maybe, I wouldn’t know, not being a pro. I’m affiliated with no-one and no-one is affiliated with me. I like it that way.

Calling unexpected behavior (whatever the expectations are and whereever they come from) a bug is not an insult…

Who said it was an insult? My point was that it isn’t a bug and for one setting themselves up as a mad tester, the version number of the stack might not have been too much to include in a public “bug” report. Are the users of this forum such delicate, precious snowflakes that they cannot handle being disagreed with on a point like that?

Not much to quarrel with in the rest of your post other than to wonder what your point was in telling me how much stuff you have bought. Um… that’s nice?

3 Likes

Does that sound like the intro of a newbie/amateur/clueless RW user?

Judging as an amateur?

But it’s ok for you to attempt same with me?

Root cause

This forum is for amateurs.

Say’s who?

http://forums.realmacsoftware.com/about

Pros might feel at home in Github.

Maybe, I wouldn’t know, not being a pro. I’m affiliated with no-one and no-one is affiliated with me. I like it that way.

Not being a pro and badmouthing about amateurs?

Calling unexpected behavior (whatever the expectations are and whereever they come from) a bug is not an insult…

Who said it was an insult? My point was that it isn’t a bug and for one setting themselves up as a mad tester, the version number of the stack might not have been too much to include in a public “bug” report. Are the users of this forum such delicate, precious snowflakes that they cannot handle being disagreed with on a point like that?

“you are calling out as a bug??”

Not much to quarrel with in the rest of your post other than to wonder what your point was in telling me how much stuff you have bought. Um… that’s nice?

With some basic logic, you might undestand the point of @Mrbuzzboxx @JohnJ and me related to the investment made and future business potential for the devs here.
Are you working for https://www.wix.com?
[/quote]

3 Likes

Lets close this thread. The so called “bug” was already fixed 2 years ago. Doesn’t help much to use old versions.

6 Likes

To be honest I’m finding it progressively difficult to keep up with the argumentation being made in support of your points. I’m certain you have points but I’m happy to concede that this forum is increasingly looking like the incorrect arena to play them out in.

I stand by everything I’ve said though; and while I’m not a pro in that I’m not a RW dev who charges for product I do know a bit and would self-assess myself, if I may say so, as an advanced/experienced user - just as the link you supplied states are welcomed here.

For the record, I do not work for Wix or any other company of that sort. Did that question imply that you think Wix would send someone onto this forum to (I’m guessing…) disrupt RMS? If so… Wow… Glad I didn’t say that! Maybe that suggestion would be best removed by a moderator?

I’m actually a huge RW/Stacks fan and easily match your own outlay over the years, though I would never have thought that stating so would somehow strengthen my points on an unrelated matter.

Anyway. Peace.

1 Like

You got into that arena with an aggressive, unfactual and personally insulting style that seems to be only geared towards unloading your bad tamper. Neither value nor arguments added. This is a bit like breaking wind in an elevator and blaming it to those who complain about the smell.
If you feel this is the wrong arena for badmouthing (and so do I), simply don’t do it. That solves your problem easily.

If you already know that your post is simply disrespectful, it does not make it better to admit it by adding:

here come the red cards/forum police etc etc

I wish you a Merry Christmas!

1 Like

No, that was added because I’m only too aware that there are people like you who cannot handle being disagreed with.

Now, who is verging toward the ad-hominen? Kind of proves my point, right?

And thats all I have to say about that.

If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem. Let’s be a part of the solution.

The solution was provided in the 2nd post to the OP, yet we have a thread of 16 posts of back and forth. This is not something we like to see. The forums are supposed to be resourceful, helpful and above all, friendly.

I’m wishing you all a happy holidays!

2 Likes