Add On Not Installing - Any Work Around?

Hello beautiful people! I am not a regular here as everyone seems to know more than me… But my experience is you guys are a lot of help. So here is my issue:

Context: Mac OS User corrupted so created new one only to discover I have to reinstall add ons to all the apps I use, including Rapidweaver. However, they’re not installing. The app does not show them in the “stacks” section (where you drag and drop stuff onto your webpage. The “Preference” section containing the list of installed stacks also does not show them.

Mac version: Mojave 10.14.6
Rapidweaver 8
Stack 3 & 4 and Foundation Theme have been installed. When I tried to install the original Foundation Pack (1, 2 & 3), double clicking on them, they show me a message that they were installed. However I cannot see them in the app (available stacks or installed add ons in the pop up window).

The Foundation 6 pack had no trouble installing but my sites were build using the original pack, so is there another way to install them other than double clicking? If I did it last time (it was obviously installed on my other user), I don’t remember how…

So, I really hope someone can help. If you need any other info, please ask and I will do my best to answer.

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Drag stacks and add-ons onto the RW app icon or the RW icon in the Dock, if you have it there. That is what is recommended to have them installed in the right place.

I saw that, and tried it, but it doesn’t seem to work. The icon bounces off. Tried several times, several ways. Weird no? Is there a button I need to press before trying? Does it matter if the app is open or closed? Thanks.

Oh I found the solution!!!

I saw somewhere the suggestion to export the addons and that will create a package to reinstall them.

So I went back to the old user (I haven’t erased it yet but can’t stay there otherwise the whole computer freezes). Exported the plugins. It exported everything despite I deselected some. So installed them on my new user. All I have to do is reupdate everything as newer versions got overwritten.

Thought I would write this here. Maybe it can help someone.

I still don’t know why the drag and drop didn’t work… I saw that suggested in several places as the best way to instal plugins.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.