Adding content via internet

Hello
I shall develop a site for one of my customers. I make the design and add static information.

They want to add the content (stories, announcements etc.) them self. Can I make such a page with RapidWeaver or will my customers also need to buy RapidWeaver.

Bjørn Arve

There’s at least two broad options:

1. Your customers buy RapidWeaver and all relevant Addons
  2. You create a CMS so your customers can edit key parts of the website via a web interface

My guess is a CMS approach will work better. There are a few products out there that offer CMS capabilities: Armadillo (which I use a lot), Easy CMS and Total CMS (both by a very reliable developer), and Sentry (for simpler situations). I’m sure I am forgetting some additional options. Which of these would be best for your needs is hard to know without more detail. But you’ll probably want to explore each of them.

BTW, the CMS approach will also be cheaper for your customers relative to buying RW and Addons.

Probably worth mentioning that the solutions mentioned above all require the Stacks plugin.

I would think a CMS solution will be far more reliable than having two installations of RW to keep in sync. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

Hi
Thanks a lot Mathew. I have installed Total CMS for test now (1 month free test). This is just what I looked for. I will make a test site next week.

Best regards
Bjørn Arve

1 Like

Hello Mark
I have just downloaded Total CMS and as far as I can see this is a good solution for me. Just what I was looking for.

Thanks a lot.

Bjørn Arve

1 Like