Best MAPS plugin

After the situation with DooBox MAPS2 I’m looking for a new Maps stack any recommendations?

Thanks

You could use https://instacks.com/osmstack/?locale=en

2 Likes

It depends upon what you need the map stack to do.

I have had great success with @willwood’s Locator stack. You can see an example of it in action here.

However, once you land on one of the location pages, I needed a totally different type of map. Have a look here and click on “Show me a map.” This map is displayed using the totally free Limelight stack - and no Google API is required. Here is another example of a Google map inside a Limelight that a friend of mine created - no trigger required: https://www.bentonhaydenantiques.com/warehouse/

As @dave correctly says, there are many different maps for displaying different things.

Ranging in complexity from simple ‘hot spot’ maps created with an image layer and linked areas, up-to Google Maps or Open Street Maps at the other end of the scale that can support potentially thousands of map points and other advanced features.

So to help us understand what you want, it may be a good idea to supply a few more details about what you are trying to create or replace.

A basic ‘here I am’ map to highlight my studio for rental purposes nothing to fancy just a Google map or similar same as DooBox previous one. I had a look at your today Will might be to complex for what I’m after but might have to go for something like that. I like the top ‘directions’ bar on yours

Why not just use the ‘Share’ function in Google Maps and then ‘Embed a map’, choose the size you want and then paste the HTML into a HTML stack? It’s free and works well without the worry that it will stop working at any moment.

Jonathan I didn’t know you could do that!

It works a treat so might use that many thanks

You don’t have to pay anything though do you looking in the T&Cs and its mentioning ‘billing’

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.