Best way for client to upload downloadable files

(LJ) #1

My client develops oil & gas drilling software and would like to be able to upload trial software to the RW site I run directly on an ad-hoc basis for their potential clients to then download. Any ideas on the best way to do this?

The client could use FTP to upload the file to a specific folder.

You could use some code to pull in the contents of that folder and make a set of links automatically.

This stack may work for the second part : http://joeworkman.net/rapidweaver/stacks/x-ray/

(Marten Claridge ) #3

Chillidog Software’s WeaverBox or WeaverFM might be what you’re looking for.

Marten
RapidWeaver Central

(LJ) #4

Chillidog concept looks promising but appears out of date, documentation link not functioning, and sadly not RW6 compatible. Shame

(David) #5

@manofdogz If you look at the version history, both WeaverBox and WeaverFM have been updated for RW6.

(LJ) #6

OK - but I tried to download a free demo of WeaverFM (which looks the most promising from my cursory look) but it was pre-RW5 and wouldn’t open. It is something I would like to get my head around before purchasing

(LJ) #7

Looks like a possibility, thanks. I’ll give it a go and see if the link actually downloads an MSI file or whatever they will be using.

(Gregory Barchard) #8

hi @manofdogz please grab the RW 6 version here. The best bet is to give these plugins a whirl. The demos are free and fully functional. (they just add a DEMO text to the output)

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Greg

(Peter Danckwerts) #9

I have to transfer large files to and from authors and use CloudSend by Coding King (available from Code Canyon). It works really well.

(LJ) #10

Thanks - I’ll give them a whirl

(Brandon Scott Corlett) #11

Joe workman has some great Dispatch stacks including

If you are using Total CMS then you have a good deal of options based on the needs of the site.