Can anyone help swat this fly?

(Frederick Potter) #1

OK, so I know this doesn’t actually have to do with Rapidweaver or stacks, but since it’s my experience that this forum is populated with people WAY MORE smarter than me, I thought I would put it out there.

So what I would like to do is, after the page loads the main content, to have a cartoon fly buzz around the screen and randomly land on the monitor glass (bzzzzzzz… tink!). He would then blink a couple of times and then hold up a little sign that says “Swat Me!”. If you click on him (or touch on mobile) a dialog box would open up with the message. If, after a few moments, he is not clicked, then he would hold up another sign that says “Come on! I know you want to! SWAT ME!!!”. if, after a short time he is still not “swatted”, he would look at the visitor with disgust and fly off.

OK, so I am not expecting a step by step on this. I can do the bug animation in a gif or something but how can I get a clickable animation to randomly fly around the screen? Or, have a timer if the viewer does nothing?

Like I said, WAAAY outside a Rapidweaver question, but does anyone have any ideas on this?

I would love to do it but trying to figure out how is really bugging me!

(David) #2

Might this help with your buggery?:
http://www.defligra.com/action-stacks/flyingbadge-stack/

(Frederick Potter) #3

Just bought it! Not sure if it will work because I haven’t tried it yet. Hopefully it will support an animated image and sound. But even if it infects the screen with a funny fly, what about the timing thing?

(Frederick Potter) #4

OK, I have been playing with the flying badge stack and though I don’t think it will do what I want, I have to admit it’s a lot of fun! Don’t regret spending the five bucks at all just to have it in my toolkit.

So I am thinking to do this I will need to combine several stacks. I have been searching but can’t seem to find what I need:

• A stack to delay activating a stack after a certain amount of time.
• A simple audio player that will not be visible on the page but will just play my fly buzzing noise.
• A stack that will hide or show the contents depending on certain conditions like time, an event happening (like when an animation or effect is finished)

Any ideas?

Thanks! You guys are awesome!