Can't find rapidweaver in application support in library

(cyclingone) #1

When I right click in themes to view the theme content nothing happened. So I checked application support/rapidweaver in library and get a message ‘can’t find alias’ and there’s nothing there. I need to add some custom images to a theme banner but can’t.

Using latest version of El Capitan, Rapidweaver, Stacks 3. This problem developed back in Yosemite.

Any suggestions?

Barry
Silkywebdesign.com

(Mark Sealey) #2

Barry,

If you’re using Stacks 3, then you must be using RW 6, correct?

If so, then all RW6 add-ons are now located not in your home Library’s Application Support any more; but in the similarly-named subdirectory:

~/Library/ Containers/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver6/Data/Library /Application Support/RapidWeaver

Good luck!

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #3

Fastest way to get to your addons is to open RapidWeaver, and then hold down command-option and push 7

(Karn Broad) #4

Hi Barry,

Do note that if it’s a built in RapidWeaver theme you’ll want to make a copy of it before you can show the contents from within RapidWeaver and then alter them.

with kind regards,
Karn.

(cyclingone) #5

Thanks guys for the help, however, unfortunately none of the answers really addressed my dilemma. I’m trying to right click on a theme after clicking ‘themes’ at the top of the RW window. I want to change/add some new banner images to a theme, but when I right click, I get the drop down window showing the option to ‘show theme contents’ among other things, but nothing happens when I click on it.

Anyone have an suggestions?

Thanks in advance, Barry
SilkyWebDesign.Com

(cyclingone) #6

Zeebe

Just reread your advice about holding down command-option and the number 7. That does get you into addons/themes and then from there I can look at the contents of a theme and add/modify images there. Wonder why we can’t just right click like we used to be able to from within RW.

But at least I do what I want to now…

Thanks again,

Barry
Silkywebdesign.com