Change Extra Content background colour

(LJ) #1

Anyone know how to change EC background (edge to edge) when it is not a theme option? Specifically I am trying to add a different colour EC3 section in Henk Vrieselaar’s Rainboww DD theme but can only change background colour of stacks within it - and this of course is not edge to edge

(Mark Sealey) #2

manofdogz

If you post a URL here, one of us ought to be able to isolate the CSS container which you’d (then) change using custom CSS.

That it’s not ‘edge-to-edge’ suggests there is padding (the background applies to the container minus any padding settings. This might be more tricky to change.

You have tried simple CSS?

#myExtraContent3 {
    background-color: red;
}

(LJ) #5

Thanks - yes - it adds the colour but not edge to edge. For me the value of EC is usually that you add a new independent edge to edge section. otherwise (as far as main body content is concerned) it’s not so different from simply adding any other stack

(LJ) #6

not published yet but I’ll do this if I can;'t find a simple answer1 Thanks for input.

(Mark Sealey) #7

You could try:

#myExtraContent3 {
    padding:0px;
    margin:0px;
}

But then make sure that the rest of your layout is behaving.

(LJ) #8

Sadly this still works to the width of the content block rather than the width of browser window. Thanks agin for your input

(Mark Sealey) #9

Is the browser window perhaps the background of the whole page?

Then I’ll bow out as I don’t know the Theme; good luck!

(LJ) #10

Yes - I guess it is. EC does tend to create a section full width of the page in a lot of themes but I guess not this one

(Stuart) #11

I don’t have the theme and there is no link to your site, but based on the demo, you could try something like this:

#gradient_footer {
    background-image: none !important;
    background-color: blue;
}

That should get you edge to edge but I suspect you will have to revisit the styling that lies within that div now. Also instead of using a hard color like “blue” you might want to experiment with rgba values to try to get the best out of it. See what you think.

(Gitte Holgaard) #12

I actually have the same problem in Boreal with EC any know that.

Hope its ok i reply in This one ?

Otherwise sorry